The next dominoes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The next dominoes

Reaction Score
I think that it behooves the 3 Conference Alliance to vote against playoff expansion. In fact, they should modify the rules to say that you must be a Conference champion. The Pac 12 should also take 2 or 4 of the B12 schools. All of these actions would more than likely have the Power 4 champions in the playoffs every year with no additional SEC teams.
I think it would behoove the non-SEC conferences to approve it with some sort of way to ensure conference champs get invited. This can be done via their alliance in voting matters. You have to grow the pie financially but even as important to grow your exposure and chances of winning the whole shooting match. You can't win if you don't play.

Reaction Score
This is very intriguing because CR is hitting a head. The options:

1. 4 x 16 = 64 plus
2. XII plus best of G5 keeps P5 status
3. Some XII programs get relegated.

I think to date only UCONN, Cincy, and USF have been relegated due to CR. I don't think programs like Okie State, ISU, West Virginia, TT will be relegated in the end, especially while your Wakes, Vandies and Cuses are still in the mix. It can't be sustainable, something has to give. Kansas may have no other option but to save it's basketball program a la UCONN.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The transfer of production costs is material when you’re comparing the the American deal to a different conference that isn’t required to provide production costs. I’d also suggest that while the $7 million average value is a useful placeholder, the actual annual value is a better metric. For example, when you compare the American ESPN deal, net value, to the Big East Fox deal Big East conference schools received more on a net basis without football than American conference schools received for a deal that included football.

The B12 has that weirdo T3 PPV space, though. I would bet it's more of a wash for those schools, as they're already producing AND broadcasting at least 1 game/yr.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom