The next dominoes (July 6 edition) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The next dominoes (July 6 edition)

Reaction Score
We will be in a power conference no later than 2033 or 2034 when the ACC is raided.
All that will be left in the ACC will be BC and Wake. Not really a conference to aspire to. Let's hope UConn is working hard to get to the Big 12 now. Maybe a new conference will form in 2033 that UConn can then join if it is attractive enough. The key for UConn is to get to a "P5" now and be included. Staying as is for another decade will not work out. Big East membership may be fine for basketball, but not for athletics overall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All that will be left in the ACC will be BC and Wake. Not really a conference to aspire to. Let's hope UConn is working hard to get to the Big 12 now. Maybe a new conference will form in 2033 that UConn can then join if it is attractive enough. The key for UConn is to get to a "P5" now and be included. Staying as is for another decade will not work out. Big East membership may be fine for basketball, but not for athletics overall.
As we are seeing now, movement is far easier among members of the P5 club than for outsiders trying to join the club. If the opportunity for full membership presents itself, we take it gratefully and move on.

Reaction Score
Agree. The time for UConn is NOW. Strike while the iron is hot coming off a national championship, football with Mora looking up, and Yormark valuing basketball. I don't think it's anywhere certain that UConn will be invited to join the ACC when it implodes in 10 years. The ACC has shown repeatedly that it doesn't value UConn.

Reaction Score
Agree. The time for UConn is NOW. Strike while the iron is hot coming off a national championship, football with Mora looking up, and Yormark valuing basketball. I don't think it's anywhere certain that UConn will be invited to join the ACC when it implodes in 10 years. The ACC has shown repeatedly that it doesn't value UConn.
if by some chance the acc is still intact when the gor ends, uconn wont have a shot there. the acc will look west first to expand.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is ranked 5th in brand metrics in basketball. UConn is ranked 38th by the way. I’m sure we will go up after last year. The league would absolutely get at least a small raise for adding them and the additional inventory they provide.
I want us to get a P5 lifeline as much as the next guy, but we need a specific scenario to land in the Big 12. I don’t see that scenario (one or three of the Corner schools bolting) happening.
I don’t think you do!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom