The News Is Getting Worse At Rutgers | The Boneyard

The News Is Getting Worse At Rutgers

Reaction Score
First we hear that C Viv is taking a leave of absence...now this:

Rutgers women’s basketball rocked with more tumult as 2nd player dismissed from team in 4 days
Updated 11:07 AM; Posted 10:57 AM
By Keith Sargeant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Rutgers women’s basketball’s best playmaker has been dismissed less than a week after its leading rebounder was kicked off the team.

Ciani “C.C.’’ Cryor, a redshirt junior from Philadelphia whose 6.1 assists-per-game average in Big Ten games is second-best in the conference, was dismissed for a violation of team policy, two persons with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media on Monday.

MORE...

Reaction Score
We used to have more RU visitors. I think @KnightBridgeAZ is the only regular poster these days. Any insight you can share, KB? Do you think CVS will be back?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
We used to have more RU visitors. I think @KnightBridgeAZ is the only regular poster these days. Any insight you can share, KB? Do you think CVS will be back?
I'm still lurking around.

First Jenkins, and now CC. I feel terrible for the players who have played so hard this season to put us in a great position and then these two go and make stupid decisions that just doesn't affect them and their futures, but others who were counting on them.

Sigh. Hopefully, the team will pull together and others will step up (Zippy Broughton, I'm looking at you!) but I'm not hopeful, though I want to be pleasantly surprised for once.

Reaction Score
so ... people who engage in bad behavior get kicked off the team. Unless Ms Davenport is herself a troublemaker, I fail to see why this would give her concern.

two players kicked off the team and an ailing coach nearing retirement, hardly a settled atmosphere to start a college career..............oh make that three as incoming transfer Alexis Morris was also arrested for assault while at Baylor

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Losing Cryor is a very significant hit to Rutgers, much more so than the loss of Jenkins. She was their rock in the backcourt, and a major reason why their results got so much better after early losses to Drake, Gonzaga and Virginia Tech.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Losing Cryor is a very significant hit to Rutgers, much more so than the loss of Jenkins. She was their rock in the backcourt, and a major reason why their results got so much better after early losses to Drake, Gonzaga and Virginia Tech.

Yes. Though, she seemed to have an attitude problem sometimes. She must have did something bad to go straight to dismissal.

Reaction Score
I am a RU season ticket holder and a member of the Cager's club. Coach Eatman asked if we would come and watch them practice yesterday morning and show the players some love. About 35 - 40 of us went. At the time, we did not know about the situation with CVS or CC, although neither of them were at practice. I think CVS will be back this season if RU makes it to the NCAA's. I have no inside knowledge about what the issue is/was with CC, but I would guess the coaches considered it serious enough and disruptive to the team in the long run to make the decision to dismiss her after having to dismiss Caitlin. I do know that I feel very badly for the remaining players and all the coaches to have all of the hard work they have put in be negatively impacted by the actions of these two young women. I feel badly for the two players that were dismissed as well as they have made poor decisions that will negatively impact their lives. I will be there for the remaining two home games to cheer our team on, because win or lose, they are my team. I am also praying for the health of Coach Stringer.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I am a RU season ticket holder and a member of the Cager's club. Coach Eatman asked if we would come and watch them practice yesterday morning and show the players some love. About 35 - 40 of us went. At the time, we did not know about the situation with CVS or CC, although neither of them was at practice. I think CVS will be back this season if RU makes it to the NCAA's. I have no inside knowledge about what the issue is/was with CC, but I would guess the coaches considered it serious enough and disruptive to the team in the long run to make the decision to dismiss her after having to dismiss Caitlin. I do know that I feel very badly for the remaining players and all the coaches to have all of the hard work they have put in be negatively impacted by the actions of these two young women. I feel badly for the two players that were dismissed as well as they have made poor decisions that will negatively impact their lives. I will be there for the remaining two home games to cheer our team on, because win or lose, they are my team. I am also praying for the health of Coach Stringer.
Separate events for each of CC and Caitlin or are they related?

Reaction Score
Yes. Though, she seemed to have an attitude problem sometimes. She must have did something bad to go straight to dismissal.
She was already suspended for 8 games earlier this year for the same infraction, yet she did it again. I think they had to dismiss her or change their rules. You can't keep making exceptions for her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rutgers started out with such great promise for a potential Big10 title this season. These recent events are terribly unfortunate, and clearly indicate a program in turmoil.

C. Viv has done some wonderful things with troubled kids through the years. I have to believe the strain of dealing with these two players contributed significantly to her decision to take a leave of absence. These problems are hard enough to deal with when you’re 30, let alone when you’re 70.

Reaction Score
I am a RU season ticket holder and a member of the Cager's club. Coach Eatman asked if we would come and watch them practice yesterday morning and show the players some love. About 35 - 40 of us went. At the time, we did not know about the situation with CVS or CC, although neither of them was at practice. I think CVS will be back this season if RU makes it to the NCAA's. I have no inside knowledge about what the issue is/was with CC, but I would guess the coaches considered it serious enough and disruptive to the team in the long run to make the decision to dismiss her after having to dismiss Caitlin. I do know that I feel very badly for the remaining players and all the coaches to have all of the hard work they have put in be negatively impacted by the actions of these two young women. I feel badly for the two players that were dismissed as well as they have made poor decisions that will negatively impact their lives. I will be there for the remaining two home games to cheer our team on, because win or lose, they are my team. I am also praying for the health of Coach Stringer.
True fan, good luck to your team.

Reaction Score
I followed Davenport’s high school career because I knew Vic was recruiting her. Everything I hear about her was positive, she should do fine at any school she attends.

my statement was not meant to disparage Ms Davenport but to note that Rutgers is having issues with some of it's players that some potential recruits and their families may find concerning...............

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
my statement was not meant to disparage Ms Davenport but to note that Rutgers is having issues with some of it's players that some potential recruits and their families may find concerning.....
But I tend to agree with what I read above - if you have to dismiss the player you have to dismiss the player for violating the same rule twice.

Back in Viv's early days, two of the players decided to visit Atlantic City on an unauthorized excursion during the season. One initiated it and one went along. The one that went along was suspended a couple of games - the one that initiated it already had baggage and was dismissed.

I've forgotten, but I did know (at the time) why one of our stars spent like 3 games in the stands on suspension. Nothing criminal, it was some sort of bad judgement, but have forgotten.

So Viv does have rules and does enforce them.

I don't post much about Rutgers because I am in Arizona. I follow Rutgers, root for Rutgers, read Rutgers' message board - I don't see many games because, although I subscribe to the Big 10 Network's premium on-line service, I really don't watch games on line. Very, very rarely. So there is a lot I just don't know.

Reaction Score
I posted a few days ago defending CVS and her program against that article where she was criticized for taking on some players with baggage in her program. I am not exactly a "fan" of her but rather a fan of the game of which she's played a major role in shaping over the years. She's had some good teams and has been successful, she just hasn't been Pat or Geno successful. She's had a rough few years and the "R" word was probably being tossed around and I myself thought it could be best. She seems to have had a good year and picked up some solid recruits. I'm sorry for the team when players are forced to leave the program so close to the postseason.

Rutgers will hopefully pull it together for a nice run and that CVS is with them on the sidelines for it.

Reaction Score
But I tend to agree with what I read above - if you have to dismiss the player you have to dismiss the player for violating the same rule twice.

I don't post much about Rutgers because I am in Arizona. I follow Rutgers, root for Rutgers, read Rutgers' message board - I don't see many games because, although I subscribe to the Big 10 Network's premium on-line service, I really don't watch games on line. Very, very rarely. So there is a lot I just don't know.

I live in NJ and root for Rutgers as well...................it's disappointing that these kind of player issues seem to be happening with greater frequency at the school in other sports too especially the football team.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom