The New Rule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The New Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good points and interesting timeline. Keep in mind as of last summer Ray Allen hadn't finished school although he indicated he was planning to.
Ray Allen was almost 20 years ago. Different world, rules, etc. I don't think bringing him into this supports your point at all.

Kemba, Shabazz and Andre just had to finish school that semester "in good standing" to not hurt the APR. That's the APR rule. Shabazz didn't have to graduate to be "in good standing."

I understand what you are saying but I don't have the same fears as you do. You have to look at the facts and situation. Yes, there is some chance he stays in the draft. I just think that chance is very small. Should Kentucky fans be worried that they are going to lose their whole team to the draft?

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As stated before, classes and exams end before the Combine.
KO is on top of the scholastic thing so I really doubt things will be brushed under the rug or viewed from a rearview mirror.
DHam will be back next year. The draft this year is going to be chock full of guys who are more ready for the league than DHam at this point in time
DHam has NBA potential but he still needs to be a more efficient shooter and work on his handle (that has improved). I would like to see him working with a real PG.
I am a huge DHam fan but I really feel another year at UConn will only improve his chances - you always think of the demon called injury- but I really don't see Dham being anything but a low 2nd round pick this year at best and that being by a team who can afford to take him and develop him in the D league or overseas. I don't think that's what DHam foresees as his plan.
He will hear this from those who evaluate at the trials.

Reaction Score
The NBA Draft Combine is May 11-15. Finals at UConn are May 2-7 so he's done with school by the combine. The draft is June 23 and early entrants need to withdraw by June 13. I'm pretty sure players visit teams during the period between the combine and the draft. So no school during that time. I imagine he will work out at UConn between now and final exams and isn't going to LA or somewhere else.

Bottom line is that Hamilton is not considered anywhere near a first round pick and isn't going to do anything to jeopardize his chances of coming back to UConn. And UConn isn't going to allow him to hurt their APR by not finishing his school work. Ollie has made that very clear in the past and I remember Kemba and Shabazz promising to finish their school work. I think Drummond did the same but I can't remember.

Daniel and his family saw what Jordan went through and will be careful to make sure Daniel is making the right decision to get drafted and stay in the NBA. I really am not worried at all about Hamilton leaving UConn now. He's testing the waters as he should. Unless a miracle happens and they tell him he's a first round pick he'll be coming back to UConn. If Hamilton stays in the draft you can call me out and tell me I was wrong.

This is exactly what I was talking about. There's literally nothing negative about Hamilton or anyone making themselves eligible.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Guys, It is a new rule to help kids who were left hanging in the wind. It may have some side-effects. Let's at least give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom