The new model--one and done--- senior transfers | The Boneyard

The new model--one and done--- senior transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can be just as effective going this route. We have our younger core players and we enhance each year with 5th year seniors or other transfers. Fight fire with fire.

Reaction Score
It's certainly helped us in the past. We likely wouldn't have won in 2014 if not for Kromah's contributions. Miller is already slated to help the team a lot next year, and if we land Sterling Gibbs as well, we will have absolutely reloaded.

The freshman one-and-done players are usually elite talents destined for the NBA, but these senior transfers fit the UConn mold: talented players with experience.

Let's hope the NCAA doesn't foolishly put a stop to the senior transfer rule.

Reaction Score
Based on all the whining it will likely be taken off the table soon

Reaction Score
The good thing about getting 5th-year guys is that it gives us some amount of cushion in terms of developing our "project" talents like Facey, Adams, Enoch, etc.

We can still recruit better during the high school season - and it's worth noting each HS class we've brought in has been more highly regarded than the one before it - but credit to KO for figuring out a different way to skin this particular cat.

Assuming Gibbs does, indeed, head to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Maybe even better.
This. We need in-game knowhow, especially at the end of the clock. As great as Jalen should/will be, he won't likely bring that right away. Signing Gibbs should give him a chance to develop his mental skills over time.

Guys like Tyus Jones - who come in and control the game from Day 1 - are rare for that reason.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It's nice to fill our two biggest needs (rebounder and shooter) with 5th year guys. They have proven their ability in the college game and have way few question marks. It allows the younger/more raw players time to develop. Should be a tournament team next year if Gibbs comes on board.

Reaction Score
Watch....

If UConn lands Gibbs, it will become Exhibit A as to why the rule should be changed.

Not Louisville landing two kids...it will be UConn landing Gibbs.
I think that's a given.

Reaction Score
It's nice to fill our two biggest needs (rebounder and shooter) with 5th year guys. They have proven their ability in the college game and have way few question marks. It allows the younger/more raw players time to develop. Should be a tournament team next year if Gibbs comes on board.
Should be a national title contender if Gibbs comes on board.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Watch....

If UConn lands Gibbs, it will become Exhibit A as to why the rule should be changed.

Not Louisville landing two kids...it will be UConn landing Gibbs.
So...? Who cares?
As long as we don't get retro-sanctioned again I don't see the problem. UConn has gotten some pretty good transfers recently, but did they get many before RJ Evans? I don't recall.

I don't see how they'd be able to retro-sanction us this time. If they did I'd just have to call BS.

Reaction Score
If Gibbs comes here we should be more than a Tournament team. We are definitely on the fringe of best teams next year. Without Gibbs we are a tourney team but I don't have as much confidence we will make serious noise.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Should be a national title contender if Gibbs comes on board.
Is Gibbs that good? I realize he's a shooter, but is he good enough to propel us into a title contender? I hope so...I just think sweet 16 MAYBE elite 8 is more reasonable.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So...? Who cares?
As long as we don't get retro-sanctioned again I don't see the problem. UConn has gotten some pretty good transfers recently, but did they get many before RJ Evans? I don't recall.

I don't see how they'd be able to retro-sanction us this time. If they did I'd just have to call BS.

What are you talking about? Who's talking about "retro-sanctions"?

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I just don't see why it matters if we're exhibit A or exhibit X or whatever.

Reaction Score
Take a nap.
Scrappy has had to sleep on his back since our recent Championship, no other fan has had such a residual condition.

Hell I give him credit for chasing Freescooter away. He probably made him vomit repeatedly. We actually should campaign for him to replace Johnathan.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We can be just as effective going this route. We have our younger core players and we enhance each year with 5th year seniors or other transfers. Fight fire with fire.
Chemistry may be an issue bringing in 2 seniors who will start versus Kromah who came off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom