The new model--one and done--- senior transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The new model--one and done--- senior transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Chemistry may be an issue bringing in 2 seniors who will start versus Kromah who came off the bench
Nobody but purvis, dham, or brima should have expected guaranteed starting positions, maybe Adams. But he should be willing to learn and play as the lead guard off the bench, he could be a great spark off the bench, plus it'll take pressure off of him to be the next great Uconn pg this year. None of our other bigs could lick millers shoes, they all need to develop, or if you're Nolan, be the best damn bench player you can.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We can be just as effective going this route. We have our younger core players and we enhance each year with 5th year seniors or other transfers. Fight fire with fire.
Hopefully our coach is as good as John Calipari in addressing chemistry issues to get as much out of his team as he possibly can

Reaction Score
I love senior transfers. They come here for one year and they fight to the death because it's their last year. Not to mention, they help develop other players. For example, Miller will really help Enoch and Gibbs (fingers crossed) could really help Adams.

Reaction Score
Hopefully our coach is as good as John Calipari in addressing chemistry issues to get as much out of his team as he possibly can
If anything--these additions(Lets hope Gibbs too) adds a ton of chemistry with the talent. Its like putting Daniels and Napier back on the team and adding Kemba Walker and Josh Boone to the bench as freshmen---I think that is almost perfect for where we are. I can see 10- 11 guys each game depending on match ups and if we have to cut it down to 8-9 at times--thats cool too.

Something like

Amida-25 minutes Nolan 12 Enoch 3
Miller 27 Facey 11 Enoch 2
Hamilton 30 Calhoun 10
Purvis 30 Adams 8 Samuel 2
Gibbs 30 Adams 7 Samuel 3

Breakdown10 man rotation

Rodney Purvis 30 minutes
Sterling Gibbs 30 minutes
Shonn Miller 27 minutes
D Hamilton 30 minutes
Amida Brimah 27 minutes
Jalen Adams 15 minutes
Phil Nolan 12 minutes
Kevin Facey 11 minutes
Omar Calhoun 10 minutes
Terrance Samuel 5 minutes

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm impressed that "Enosch" got changed to "Enoch". But Kevin Facey? I think someone's been watching a little too much House of Cards.

Reaction Score
Watch....

If UConn lands Gibbs, it will become Exhibit A as to why the rule should be changed.

Not Louisville landing two kids...it will be UConn landing Gibbs.
And it'll be because UConn is exploiting the rule or some related dramatic word

Reaction Score
I love senior transfers. They come here for one year and they fight to the death because it's their last year. Not to mention, they help develop other players. For example, Miller will really help Enoch and Gibbs (fingers crossed) could really help Adams.

Not to mention that you have a large number of young men (many young black men) that are earning college degrees in 4 years and pursuing graduate education. That's a pretty great thing.

Reaction Score
If anything--these additions(Lets hope Gibbs too) adds a ton of chemistry with the talent. Its like putting Daniels and Napier back on the team and adding Kemba Walker and Josh Boone to the bench as freshmen---I think that is almost perfect for where we are. I can see 10- 11 guys each game depending on match ups and if we have to cut it down to 8-9 at times--thats cool too.

Something like

Amida-25 minutes Nolan 12 Enoch 3
Miller 27 Facey 11 Enoch 2
Hamilton 30 Calhoun 10
Purvis 30 Adams 8 Samuel 2
Gibbs 30 Adams 7 Samuel 3

Breakdown10 man rotation

Rodney Purvis 30 minutes
Sterling Gibbs 30 minutes
Shonn Miller 27 minutes
D Hamilton 30 minutes
Amida Brimah 27 minutes
Jalen Adams 15 minutes
Phil Nolan 12 minutes
Kevin Facey 11 minutes
Omar Calhoun 10 minutes
Terrance Samuel 5 minutes
Where is Sam Cassell Jr's Minutes?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Should be a national title contender if Gibbs comes on board.

Too many unknowns about how the team would come together or not to go that far (in my thinking), but things would be definitely looking up.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Jalen Adams 15 minutes

Um, the bolded part is one projection that is way too low for me. We need him to play a good deal more than that unless he is not where we think he will be in terms of his readiness to play at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom