"The NCAA moved quickly, per Miami's request..." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The NCAA moved quickly, per Miami's request..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn broke the rules and then thumbed their nose at the NCAA with the Drummond situation. No rules broken there; but deff a shot fired across the bow of the NCAA. No suprise when the NCAA gets a chance to jerk you around; they will do it. Not saying it's right. Happens in all walks of life.

How is Drummond different than Melchionni at Duke or all the players at Louisville?

Reaction Score
As I posted. I have no problem with what UCONN did with Drummond; but you can't cry foul when the NCAA chooses to return fire and drag their feet when they can

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Well, this just emphasizes how stupid the average NCAA investigator is. You'd think they'd currently have an entire team on South Beach, sifting the sand for possible clues for a violation.

Reaction Score
As I posted. I have no problem with what UCONN did with Drummond; but you can't cry foul when the NCAA chooses to return fire and drag their feet when they can

So, when you follow the rules and do something that Duke has done, and which the NCAA even countenances when the very rule states that a recruited player can pay his way once every 10 years (why word a rule like that if it's skirting the spirit of the NCAA?????), then don't be surprised when the NCAA becomes vindictive?

Why does the NCAA phrase the rule that way if it doesn't expect schools to follow its provisions? This isn't oversight by the NCAA or some poorly worded rule that UConn cut corners around. On the contrary, the very rule itself speaks to occasional allowances of the sort made for Drummond.

Reaction Score
Well, this just emphasizes how stupid the average NCAA investigator is. You'd think they'd currently have an entire team on South Beach, sifting the sand for possible clues for a violation.

They do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc