The National Landscape...WHO are your SLEEPERS for National CHAMPS... | The Boneyard

The National Landscape...WHO are your SLEEPERS for National CHAMPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if you follow the national scene and all the conferences who are your dark horses similar to last years VCU?

Bono has mentioned Arkansas, Alabama and Texas Northern U. Any thoughts??? We can check back around March Madness and see if anyone nailed a dark horse. Thanks BBALLjunkies...:)

Reaction Score
if you follow the national scene and all the conferences who are your dark horses similar to last years VCU?

Bono has mentioned Arkansas, Alabama and Texas Northern U. Any thoughts??? We can check back around March Madness and see if anyone nailed a dark horse. Thanks BBALLjunkies...:)
That's North Texas. woops;)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Oh you're going to get pounded here....

Reaction Score
Oh you're going to get pounded here....
Imagine if North Texas turns out to be last years VCU? My guess is that Cinderella is honing their skills for the little glass slipper to become a reality.

Reaction Score
No Cinderellas in this years final 4. All chalk is my prediction.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily all 1 seeds. I'd say 1, 2, 3, & 4 seeds can all be considered chalk.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily all 1 seeds. I'd say 1, 2, 3, & 4 seeds can all be considered chalk.
Interesting....you like the power players #4's and above to all survive. Ok we will check back. Thanks for the call. All in fun of course. ;)

Reaction Score
Interesting....you like the power players #4's and above to all survive. Ok we will check back. Thanks for the call. All in fun of course. ;)
I don't like them all to survive. I guess my prediction would be that no team higher than a 4 seed will make the final 4. No Butlers or VCUs this year.:cool:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
UCONN all the way but I would say to watch out for Florida.

Reaction Score
UCONN all the way but I would say to watch out for Florida.
I love Florida's guard play with Freshman Bradley Beal and returning guards Boyton and Walker. Lets not forget Rutgers transfer and former McDonald's All American Mike Rosario. It is very hard to argue that Florida doesn't have the deepest guard tandem in college hoops. The front court looks very weak but I heard that Pat Young had a nice summer. This back court is super dangerous and as a #3/2 seed could make a serious run if match ups break their way.

Reaction Score
memphis. deep and talented.
The addition of Adonis Thomas should be fascinating. Also the new strength and conditioning coach Frank Mastriciano is 1 of the best in the world. Pastner is a better coach then Calapari also (JMHO). An early season match up with Duke will be fun to watch in Maui. Memphis is very dangerous.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's not nuke this.

Uconn is the favorite and everyone else is the dark horse.

Reaction Score
Baylor, if Perry comes to play this year. Louisville - I think Siva has a breakout year.

Reaction Score
Baylor, if Perry comes to play this year. Louisville - I think Siva has a breakout year.
Baylor is my dark horse this year also. Last year very disappointing after losing in the first round of the NIT. Dunn reminded me a lot of Dyson last year and the team results were the same as UConn in 2010. I think the leadership of senior Quincy Acy (projected early 2nd rounder) will be key. Quincy Miller (projected lottery pick) I believe was just cleared by the NCAA. P Jones (another lottery pick) should be physically stronger this year. I like Pierre Jackson at the point with Walton. Jackson was last years JC National Player of the year. Brady Heslip a transfer from BC will have to be the shooter everyone expects him to be. Bono knows Baylor real well so I will differ to all his analyses. I think your call on Baylor is a prime time call.

Reaction Score
Bluedog, you seem extremely knowledgeable about cbb as a whole but I gotta disagree wholeheartedly about Pastner being a better coach than Cal. Pastner hadn't shown anything as a game coach so far, even though his recruiting and the marketing of their program has been terrific. I dislike Cal as much as the next guy but he is a solid bench coach and his teams play incredibly hard on D. I like they pick of Baylor though. Gary Franklin should be a big midseason addition as well

Reaction Score
Bluedog, you seem extremely knowledgeable about cbb as a whole but I gotta disagree wholeheartedly about Pastner being a better coach than Cal. Pastner hadn't shown anything as a game coach so far, even though his recruiting and the marketing of their program has been terrific. I dislike Cal as much as the next guy but he is a solid bench coach and his teams play incredibly hard on D. I like they pick of Baylor though. Gary Franklin should be a big midseason addition as well
That's awesome baby with a capital A!

http://arizona.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=974&CID=528337

Nice call on Franklin the Cal transfer. I think he averaged double digits @ CAL and has a rep as a pure shooter. Great point on the game coach subject. No question the jury is still out but if I'm going to trial I'm rolling the dice with Pastner. Let's rock & roll superstar!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll let you know in 6 months

Reaction Score
Vandy, i know theyre ranked consensus preseason top 10 but its Vandy, a program that never seems to gets it done in the tourney. They are stacked this year: jr. Jenkins, sr. Taylor, sr. Ezeli are all future pro, possible first round picks, and upperclassmen. Add stud freshmen sg Dai-Jon Parker and another ESPN100 player Kedren Johnson and they will likely finish 2nd in SEC and will get to atleast the elite 8.

Reaction Score
Vandy, i know theyre ranked consensus preseason top 10 but its Vandy, a program that never seems to gets it done in the tourney. They are stacked this year: jr. Jenkins, sr. Taylor, sr. Ezeli are all future pro, possible first round picks, and upperclassmen. Add stud freshmen sg Dai-Jon Parker and another ESPN100 player Kedren Johnson and they will likely finish 2nd in SEC and will get to atleast the elite 8.
You pretty much said it all there. If Vandy doesn't make the final 4 this year will they ever? To top it off they return Sr. point guard Brad Tinsley who led the SEC in assists last year. They are unbeatable at home. Lance Goulbourne is another senior starter that is a real chemistry guy. Vandy is @ Louisville on December 2. That is a can't miss game! They may also play Texas in East Rutherford (Legends Classic) on Nov. 21st. These should be great games. Stallings vs. Calhoun in a regional final or final 4 game I'm banking on the UConn version of "Jimmer". Vandy/UConn would be a great match up and I hope we get to see it! Enjoy the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom