The Most Hated College Basketball Players of the Last 30 Years | The Boneyard

The Most Hated College Basketball Players of the Last 30 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think all of us (over 35 at least) would vote for Chrissy
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ated-college-basketball-players-last-30-years
The Duke bracket is tough though

SellersSmashsLaettner.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Chrissy is definitely the one who came to my mind immediately when I read the thread title.

No one comes close to that Duke bracket.

Surprised to see Marcus Williams on there.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Christian Laetner refers to himself in the 3rd person. That alone is enough for me to hate him.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I agree with Laetner but I'd like to nominate the entire Michigan Fab 5 group and the Tarkanian UNLV championship team. If I was to pick another player, I'll go with Patrick Ewing. Anyone old enough to remember how dominant he was in the early '80s will know what I mean. As an opposing fan, he had to be hated, not for anything other than his domination.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
When I saw DUke had it's own bracket, I roflma!

And yes, I have Laettner beating out his two closest rivals, Ewing and Coleman by a huge margin.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Surprised to see Marcus Williams on there.

Might have something to do with laptops, just a guess, lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't hate Chrissy anymore. He seems like a funny guys these days when he's not in court.

Reaction Score
I don't hate Chrissy anymore. He seems like a funny guys these days when he's not in court.

More like funny looking... actually, he's allways been an @ss... College, NBA & his phony real estate scams the stole millions from investors. I'm surprised he & Brian Davis are not in jail.

Reaction Score
Greg Paulus was a douch, Jimmer should be on the list, Camby is in line. Glad our guys didn't make the cut, I though Ben Gordon, AJ Price or Marcus Williams would have made that list.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Greg Paulus was a douch, Jimmer should be on the list, Camby is in line. Glad our guys didn't make the cut, I though Ben Gordon, AJ Price or Marcus Williams would have made that list.

Marcus Williams #8 seed, first round match up with PsychoT

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Crissy is an easy winner in my book.
Among current players, Aaron Craft would be a contender...fouls like crazy but gets away with it because bumping opponents with your chest is no longer considered a foul most of the time, cocky and also hanging his mouth-guard out of his mouth.
Not sure why Marcus Williams would be in that list...I would think UConn haters would have many other choices.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure why Marcus Williams would be in that list...I would think UConn haters would have many other choices.
Yeah, that's why it surprised me. Obviously I'm well aware of the laptop BS, but if that was the standard by which we "hated" players there should be entire Syracuse and UNLV brackets, among others.

If you told me there was a UConn player on the list I definitely would have guessed Khalid without looking. One of my all-time favorites, but definitely the type of player I would expect fans of other teams to "hate," because he was cocky and he didn't look like he should beat you, but somehow he usually found a way.

Reaction Score
If things could line up correctly the ASStional Chumpionship would have Chrissy or Paulus facing off with Devendorf.........sorry to say Devo may be the largest a**hole in NCAA history and he would rep his fans very well!!

Reaction Score
Calbert Chaney wouldn't step on an ant. Weird list and where is Chris Paul?

As for us, I will now confess, Stanley Robinson's screams used to piss me off.

Reaction Score
Yeah there's few there which make me scratch my head, especially Calbert he seemed like a good dude!!??

Chris Paul was a mushroom cap and still very much is...........

Reaction Score
Where is Kerry Kittles? Maybe not hated on a national level, ok, maybe it was just me. Man, I hated him.

DEVENDORF!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where is Kerry Kittles? Maybe not hated on a national level, ok, maybe it was just me. Man, I hated him.

DEVENDORF!

I hated him too, but it was an irrational hatred because it came from his having his best games against UConn. Dorf was another story.

Reaction Score
Jared Dudley anyone? Also like others have mentioned I was surprised to not see Khalid on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom