The Most Amazin thing about this team | The Boneyard

The Most Amazin thing about this team

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Is theyre all coming back next season and they will even be better and whoops what about our incoming class. OMG its unbelievable. I have to start with Paige. Shes in a league of her own. She is undescribable. Ive compared her to Diana which IMO is the highest compliment she can be given. If continues to get better...aint that an amazin thought she will be and I said will be FOY NPOY. There aint no doubt in my mind as she continues to get better. Paige is off the charts and its this team that has her off the charts. Paige is surrounded by some of the best talent WBB has ever seen and theyre all on the same team and theyre gonna get better. I gotta tell ya. UConn has had some great passing teams tonite this team dispite some dumb mistakes which will be corrected is an amazin passing team. The ball doesnt touch the floor.

So lets see we had 4 players in double figures all underclassman. Some question marks answered namely CW and Oliva. So lets just wait for Evina to get up to speed still recovering from her injury and 2 hiatus. Hey I dont wanna get to excited but this team is a monster team. We will have our ups and downs as we continue to develop but by February we're gonna be a steamroller. The freshman scored somethin like 48 points and theyve got 4 years to improve. OMG I need a drink I cant handle this.

Hey with all my excitement we still need to make more foul shots even thought we shot 55% from the floor. We need to make less turnovers even thought we had 10 steals. When this team gets confident and more consistent there isnt a team in WCBB that can come close to them and we all underclassman. I got home late tonite so I had to replay the game and I have early appointments tomorrow so I will replay it again tomorrow and make some more points.

I gotta tell ya. If we stay healthy this team aint gonna loose a game. We've got a bunch of AA's on this team. Edwards is gonna be and AA and its scary really scary how good shes gonna become. UConn can loose if they screw up but there isnt a team good enough to beat them and with the next 2 recruiting classes well theyre history.

Reaction Score
Hey Tonyc, I agree 100%!
The freshmen have no fear! They make a mistake and they blow it off and come back aggressive next play!
The whole team fights every minute which is unusual for young teams!
I found out as a HS Wrestling Coach that you can't coach AGGRESSION, either it's in a player's mental makeup or it isn't. If the player has a passive personality you can't turn them into a "take no prisoner" type!
With the great coaches they have by the end of January or beginning of February they'll be beasts!

Reaction Score
Is theyre all coming back next season and they will even be better and whoops what about our incoming class. OMG its unbelievable. I have to start with Paige. Shes in a league of her own. She is undescribable. Ive compared her to Diana which IMO is the highest compliment she can be given. If continues to get better...aint that an amazin thought she will be and I said will be FOY NPOY. There aint no doubt in my mind as she continues to get better. Paige is off the charts and its this team that has her off the charts. Paige is surrounded by some of the best talent WBB has ever seen and theyre all on the same team and theyre gonna get better. I gotta tell ya. UConn has had some great passing teams tonite this team dispite some dumb mistakes which will be corrected is an amazin passing team. The ball doesnt touch the floor.

So lets see we had 4 players in double figures all underclassman. Some question marks answered namely CW and Oliva. So lets just wait for Evina to get up to speed still recovering from her injury and 2 hiatus. Hey I dont wanna get to excited but this team is a monster team. We will have our ups and downs as we continue to develop but by February we're gonna be a steamroller. The freshman scored somethin like 48 points and theyve got 4 years to improve. OMG I need a drink I cant handle this.

Hey with all my excitement we still need to make more foul shots even thought we shot 55% from the floor. We need to make less turnovers even thought we had 10 steals. When this team gets confident and more consistent there isnt a team in WCBB that can come close to them and we all underclassman. I got home late tonite so I had to replay the game and I have early appointments tomorrow so I will replay it again tomorrow and make some more points.

I gotta tell ya. If we stay healthy this team aint gonna loose a game. We've got a bunch of AA's on this team. Edwards is gonna be and AA and its scary really scary how good shes gonna become. UConn can loose if they screw up but there isnt a team good enough to beat them and with the next 2 recruiting classes well theyre history.

this year's team has a chance to be really, really good..............next year's team has a chance to be ridiculously great.........can you imagine adding perhaps the game's best outside shooter in Azzi Fudd and the other freshmen shooters plus another skilled 6'5" forward to this current roster............?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all the "puzzle pieces" Geno has at his disposal this year, not to mention with next year's "pieces" it may take a little bit longer to get all the pieces to fit in right locations to finish the puzzle...and don't get me started with this Covid thing.

Reaction Score
Good thoughts, Tony. Geno is locked and loaded. I have not heard him bitch too much as of this date. But, I'll bet he is thinking about emphasizing defense in practice. He kept yelling for them to raise their hands in defense.

Such talented players. And as freshman, they come in an play like they have been college ball for a couple of years. They only one who is tentative is Autumn and that is understandable. Once she makes a couple of baskets, that will begin to change. She probably has not played with such great players and she probably is impressed as well.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With all the "puzzle pieces" Geno has at his disposal this year, not to mention with next year's "pieces" it may take a little bit longer to get all the pieces to fit in right locations to finish the puzzle...and don't get me started with this Covid thing.

Bingo!!!!!!

The team will evolve over the next several games. As is discussed every season, team chemistry takes time to develop. We are starting to see what is to come. Paige is the point - no doubt. 2 and 3 will be Christyn and Evina. Liv is the post. The 4 spot, as I view it after 2 games, is up for grabs. I could be Anna or it could be Aaliyah.

Substitution patterns are up in the air.

Starters ans sub patterns will most likely be determined by the opponent.

What I hope to see is more of Liv and Aaliyah on the court at the same time. This combo will cause most teams major problems at both ends of the court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

If Geno is having trouble getting the pieces to fit, just let Paige take over the coaching especially when Azzi comes :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Tony, I was out all day too, I didn't get home until after 1 am your time. I still haven't seen the game either. I'll watch it this morning. When you pour that drink, pour me one too. Great post. :)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Tony, I was out all day too, I didn't get home until after 1 am your time. I still haven't seen the game either. I'll watch it this morning. When you pour that drink, pour me one too. Great post. :)
I'd like to join you guys for that drink, while I am on the verge I unlike Tony am not quit all in yet. I couldn't take my eyes off Paige last night, while doing my best to concentrate on Evina, my observations she is smooth and almost always in the right place on the floor, if her shots start to drop I will be able to relax a little more. Still waiting for Nika to play within her self, she is still trying to play to fast. Right now she reminds me of Molly Bent and not the player I watched on video. There are a few other small things that can be worked on, I try not to be too long winded so for now nuff said, almost. I enjoy your insight as well as Tony's and many others. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas.

Reaction Score
Good thoughts, Tony. Geno is locked and loaded. I have not heard him bitch too much as of this date. But, I'll bet he is thinking about emphasizing defense in practice. He kept yelling for them to raise their hands in defense.

Such talented players. And as freshman, they come in an play like they have been college ball for a couple of years. They only one who is tentative is Autumn and that is understandable. Once she makes a couple of baskets, that will begin to change. She probably has not played with such great players and she probably is impressed as well.
Yes, I haven’t heard such praise for freshman on a very long time. He said it in the press conference after Seton Hall that the freshman are good. I think he sees the horses to win with he now needs to figure out how to put them together on the floor and the best sets. Really looking forward to see this team grow and develop as the season goes along.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'd like to join you guys for that drink, while I am on the verge I unlike Tony am not quit all in yet. I couldn't take my eyes off Paige last night, while doing my best to concentrate on Evina, my observations she is smooth and almost always in the right place on the floor, if her shots start to drop I will be able to relax a little more. Still waiting for Nika to play within her self, she is still trying to play to fast. Right now she reminds me of Molly Bent and not the player I watched on video. There are a few other small things that can be worked on, I try not to be too long winded so for now nuff said, almost. I enjoy your insight as well as Tony's and many others. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas.

Happy to have you join us. Always room for one more. :)

Reaction Score
I hope that we can keep this wonderful group together next year along with the new group of talent coming in. Not only do we have to allow Coach Auriemma and the coaching staff to handling the X's and O's. Coach, CD, Shea, Jamelle, and Coach Darras have to coach and mentor and blend this wonderful collection of talent into being one unit. These players are hearing, hopefully positive stuff, from their peers and family. But we all know some folks are talking "Baby girl, you better than so-and-so. You should be getting more minutes." Or "Oh. U need to shoot more. Your game is way better than her." On and on it goes. So hopefully the players are finding and adjusting to their roles. The coaching staff, for all that they can do, help players find and understand their roles within the team. Keep that confidence. And understand the WE>Me. If all of that happens and the new talent that comes in can understand and find their roles and embrace those roles, this is going to be one heck of a team next year!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I hope that we can keep this wonderful group together next year along with the new group of talent coming in. Not only do we have to allow Coach Auriemma and the coaching staff to handling the X's and O's. Coach, CD, Shea, Jamelle, and Coach Darras have to coach and mentor and blend this wonderful collection of talent into being one unit. These players are hearing, hopefully positive stuff, from their peers and family. But we all know some folks are talking "Baby girl, you better than so-and-so. You should be getting more minutes." Or "Oh. U need to shoot more. Your game is way better than her." On and on it goes. So hopefully the players are finding and adjusting to their roles. The coaching staff, for all that they can do, help players find and understand their roles within the team. Keep that confidence. And understand the WE>Me. If all of that happens and the new talent that comes in can understand and find their roles and embrace those roles, this is going to be one heck of a team next year!
I remember those days when my daughter played softball The coach turned to the parents and said...I dont tell you how to run your house so dont tell me how to run my team. A little tuff but right Nobody left

Reaction Score

I have to like the enthusiasm here.

Reaction Score
I think it will be impotant to have Edwards and ONO (aka OYES) on the floor together against Baylor and SC and Oregon(if they meet)..

I agree. Match bigs with bigs. Aaliyah's just getting started. We can take them.

Reaction Score
It is very important that every message the players, especially the NEW players, hear is positive, other than constructive criticism! You don't want them thinking too much! It has to be ingrained in their minds and bodies!
What makes this coaching staff the best in WBB is they've adapted to the "modern" player! They already have an aggressive team now channel it to their game situations! It seems the old Geno hold their feet to the fire won't work with this team.
It's so much fun watching the players improving game by game! They are like sponges sopping up the knowledge! They are all trying so hard to do it right, put up with the mistakes, correct them, then move on!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom