The Mona Lisa would have been a great painting if she only smiled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Mona Lisa would have been a great painting if she only smiled

Reaction Score
I honestly couldn't remember what I had said, so went back and look what I posted in the Bouknight dunk thread. Here it is, in its entirety:

"Just has to learn how to keep himself on the court and the sky is the limit"

Wow......OP is right, what a jerk comment that was. Sky? I couldn't have said Universe? Galaxy? I'm ashamed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So, no negative comments on the Boneyard?

BTW, I found the Mona Lisa to be a little on the small side.
Partial like on the Mona Lisa thing. Michelangelo must’ve been running out of paint. On your other point, i don’t think he was saying no negatives. Kinda saying there doesn’t have to be a “but” after admiring a great play.

Reaction Score
Partial like on the Mona Lisa thing. Michelangelo must’ve been running out of paint. On your other point, i don’t think he was saying no negatives. Kinda saying there doesn’t have to be a “but” after admiring a great play.
Michelangelo??

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Michelangelo??
Oops. Just finished reading a bio of Michelangelo yesterday and it didn’t leave my brain. Mona Lisa is still borderline microscopic

Reaction Score
It's a natural thing. Kind of like when someone says, "You look nice today." Does the "today" imply you don't look nice on the other days? That was a great dunk. The "today" doesn't take away from the dunk. It just provides some context.

Reaction Score
Oops. Just finished reading a bio of Michelangelo yesterday and it didn’t leave my brain. Mona Lisa is still borderline microscopic

On the boards the posters come and go
Talking of Michaelangelo

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You obviously don't understand the point I was making, which is ok.
Let me give you another example, maybe it will help.
" Lovely dress you have on, too bad you are so short"
How about this one professor:
Fantastic offensive skills you have, too bad you haven't exhibited the ability to play a chair man to man before you are forced to sit on one

Reaction Score
“I love the boneyard... buuuuut you casual fans can s.m.d”

- you know who

Reaction Score
I love the anger, the aggression, the craziness displayed on the boards.

Boring is bad....never boring.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
So, no negative comments on the Boneyard?

BTW, I found the Mona Lisa to be a little on the small side.
So did I. Saw her at Worlds Fair NYC.

Reaction Score
UConn players are here only a short while. The great ones, which we have been fortunate to have quite a few, are here even less time.
Can we appreciate their skill and talent, without the obligatory dig?
A freshman talent like Bouknight is ,obviously, one of those few. When he makes a spectacular play...can we appreciate it for what it was..
Not, "What a dunk...too bad his defense is lousy" or "He is talented, but he turns the ball over too much"
These are young athletes who have a long way to go before they turn pro...but we , as fans, should laud what we have because they won't be here long.
LOL.

This is gonna be my new goto to people who criticize everything.

Reaction Score
Not sure I saw one person complain about his defense in relation to that dunk. What's your point?? This is a fan website. Is it supposed to all be rainbows and butterflies?? Try the women's board for that. People need to lighten up........criticism does not equal hate or personal disdain for someone. If you don't want to see it, a fan forum is DEFINITELY not the place for you. Actually, a museum might be. You could be onto something for yourself.
Never heard of mean girls?? )))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom