The Mona Lisa would have been a great painting if she only smiled | The Boneyard

The Mona Lisa would have been a great painting if she only smiled

Reaction Score
UConn players are here only a short while. The great ones, which we have been fortunate to have quite a few, are here even less time.
Can we appreciate their skill and talent, without the obligatory dig?
A freshman talent like Bouknight is ,obviously, one of those few. When he makes a spectacular play...can we appreciate it for what it was..
Not, "What a dunk...too bad his defense is lousy" or "He is talented, but he turns the ball over too much"
These are young athletes who have a long way to go before they turn pro...but we , as fans, should laud what we have because they won't be here long.

Reaction Score
So, no negative comments on the Boneyard?

BTW, I found the Mona Lisa to be a little on the small side.
That really wasn't the point I was trying to make, sure, be critical all you want about poor play, decisions etc. But when praising something, it shouldn't be mandatory that you add a negative disclaimer.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
20200225_103326.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So, no negative comments on the Boneyard?

BTW, I found the Mona Lisa to be a little on the small side.
Second on the Mona Lisa. And because everyone wants to claim they saw it the room is packed preventing a decent view. We just funneled people to it and enjoyed the abandoned corridors with their wonderful paintings.

Reaction Score
That really wasn't the point I was trying to make, sure, be critical all you want about poor play, decisions etc. But when praising something, it shouldn't be mandatory that you add a negative disclaimer.

It's a New England thing, best summed up in this joke. Two guys were walking down the street in Hartford. One greeted the other, "Nice weather today." The other responded, "Yes, quite nice....FINALLY."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn players are here only a short while. The great ones, which we have been fortunate to have quite a few, are here even less time.
A freshman talent like Bouknight is ,obviously, one of those few. When he makes a spectacular play...can we appreciate it for what it was..
Not, "What a dunk...too bad his defense is lousy" or "He is talented, but he turns the ball over too much"
These are young athletes who have a long way to go before they turn pro...but we , as fans, should laud what we have because they won't be here long.
Not sure I saw one person complain about his defense in relation to that dunk. What's your point?? This is a fan website. Is it supposed to all be rainbows and butterflies?? Try the women's board for that. People need to lighten up........criticism does not equal hate or personal disdain for someone. If you don't want to see it, a fan forum is DEFINITELY not the place for you. Actually, a museum might be. You could be onto something for yourself.

Reaction Score
But that was AFTER she committed to UConn

If it was permanently displayed at the Hartford Atheneum, it would have only been a two star.

I don't get the OP here. I can be critical of folks who trash players, but there's a huge difference between trashing a player and realistically discussing limitations or mistakes in their games. I doubt there is a single person here who didn't love the outback Tomahawk dunk. It was an unbelievable play. But it would seem silly to expect people to ignore that he picked up his third fouls ten seconds into the second half on a totally unnecessary foul twenty five feet from the basket because he played D with his hands instead of his feet.

Reaction Score
Of all the players on the team, Bouk probably gets the least, "that was great, but.....". Check a CV, AG or JC thread one of these times.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not sure I saw one person complain about his defense in relation to that dunk. What's your point?? This is a fan website. Is it supposed to all be rainbows and butterflies?? Try the women's board for that. People need to lighten up........criticism does not equal hate or personal disdain for someone. If you don't want to see it, a fan forum is DEFINITELY not the place for you. Actually, a museum might be. You could be onto something for yourself.
I hope you recognize the irony of your post.

Reaction Score
I must agree wholeheartedly. I try and appreciate all even Bill Buckner. Our kids do have a long way to go. Bouk will need a little more mass to deal with players in the league - but it's coming... As far as the Mona Lisa... she is smiling - but the secret here is her teeth were a train wreck - so that's what we got. I'm sure she was a babe at the time. If she had had make up... well...

Reaction Score
peanuts_dancing.gif

No we shouldn't be abusive or overly critical, however a passive happy go lucky fan approach is no answer either. The coach is being paid a ton of money to win, and if the same players make the same mistakes over and over then it shouldn't be an issue to bring that up. With freshman yes it's dumb to be critical of them but I think it's healthy for a fan base that is very loyal to want a winning team again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, your dig about the dunk was " if he can find a way to stay on the floor he could be something"
People who don't get on the floor really cant do much or be something.
You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
Your negativity must be a pleasure for the people that know you.

Reaction Score
If it was permanently displayed at the Hartford Atheneum, it would have only been a two star.

I don't get the OP here. I can be critical of folks who trash players, but there's a huge difference between trashing a player and realistically discussing limitations or mistakes in their games. I doubt there is a single person here who didn't love the outback Tomahawk dunk. It was an unbelievable play. But it would seem silly to expect people to ignore that he picked up his third fouls ten seconds into the second half on a totally unnecessary foul twenty five feet from the basket because he played D with his hands instead of his feet.
You obviously don't understand the point I was making, which is ok.
Let me give you another example, maybe it will help.
" Lovely dress you have on, too bad you are so short"

Reaction Score
Well, your dig about the dunk was " if he can find a way to stay on the floor he could be something"
People who don't get on the floor really cant do much or be something.
You are entitled to your opinion as am I.
Your negativity must be a pleasure for the people that know you.
The guy is the best talent we've had at UConn in years. I love him. He's a terrible defender, which is objectively true. I guarantee he would admit it as well. If you think there is negativity in there, that's on you. He is our present and our future......I want him to play more. Shoot me for being so negative.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Bouknight might lead UConn to a National title, if Hurley can convince him to stay for a third season.

Did I do it right?

Husky25

Reaction Score
No, too negative......why do you have to assume he's leaving early???

Head bang
Yes. I see what you are getting at.

Heaven forbid my personal desires to hold Mr. Bouknight from a career where he will potentially earn a personal fortune of tens of millions of dollars in order to pursue a course of study in a discipline that may not prepare him one iota for the manner in which he would earn 10s of millions of dollars and/or that he reasonably pursue at a later time.

I can't help being so negative.

Reaction Score
Yes. I see what you are getting at.

Heaven forbid my personal desires to hold Mr. Bouknight from a career where he will potentially earn a personal fortune of tens of millions of dollars in order to pursue a course of study in a discipline that may not prepare him one iota for the manner in which he would earn 10s of millions of dollars and/or that he reasonably pursue at a later time.

I can't help being so negative.
Not to mention that your implication shows you think how selfish he would be for leaving early. WAY too negative.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I also seemed to have made a presumptive judgement about a player's strength of mind. As if Hurley can so easily manipulate his thoughts by merely mentioning the possibility of winning a college level championship.

Good Lord, I cannot be saved, but make it so I may be forgiven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom