OT: - The Masters | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: The Masters

Reaction Score
Rahm’s wife gave birth today, she was due next weekend and he said he’s leave at a moments notice, so I presume he will be there but we’ll see how mentally engaged he is.

Don’t throw your money away on Finau, the guy is a fluffer. You really think the Masters is the first time he closes something out? Top 10, sure, made a killing on his Top 10s over the last 2 years, but don’t take him to win, and especially not at his current prices.

DJ, JT, Cantlay, Speith all strong choices. Bold I know. But look at the history, this isn’t the tournament where randoms are winnings very often.

Victor Perez to top 20 is a good bet.

Hideki top 10.

Very interested to see what Lee Westwood has left in the tank.

co sign smoking Scottie as well
Not one to brag but I will

1618357958674.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Color me confused and entirely not confused on this one.

It's okay for the players to wear all sorts of sponsored clothing on their head, shirt, shoes, and bag. But a caddy holding up a sleeve of golf balls showing the brand the player is playing is a no no? Heck, caddies can have their own sponsorships for their hat and stuff at regular tour events.

OTOH, this son of Player's is a known POS and it's Augusta and I'm sure there are plenty of clearly expained do's and don't's.

Gary Player's son apparently 'banned' from Masters after opening ceremony stunt

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It's okay for the players to wear all sorts of sponsored clothing on their head, shirt, shoes, and bag. But a caddy holding up a sleeve of golf balls showing the brand the player is playing is a no no? Heck, caddies can have their own sponsorships for their hat and stuff at regular tour events.

OTOH, this son of Player's is a known POS and it's Augusta and I'm sure there are plenty of clearly expained do's and don't's.

Even his brother Marc thinks he's an embarrassment and fully supports the ban.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

It was weird the way he did it....but it's augusta they do what they want.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even his brother Marc thinks he's an embarrassment and fully supports the ban.

I suspect there is no love lost between the brothers.

It does also beg the question of why a player of Player's legacy who has great reverance for golf's history and traditions brings that son to carry his bag.

The weird thing to me was his son held up a sleeve of the ball Gary was using to tee off. The TV cameras could very easily zoom in on the tee and see the ball brand.

My spidey senses suggest they uncovered the caddy getting a kick back for doing what he did and didn't want to go through any time or energy to flush out all that info.

Reaction Score
I suspect there is no love lost between the brothers.

It does also beg the question of why a player of Player's legacy who has great reverance for golf's history and traditions brings that son to carry his bag.

The weird thing to me was his son held up a sleeve of the ball Gary was using to tee off. The TV cameras could very easily zoom in on the tee and see the ball brand.

My spidey senses suggest they uncovered the caddy getting a kick back for doing what he did and didn't want to go through any time or energy to flush out all that info.
He did it during their celebration of Lee Elder and did it right over him. That is why it is a major issue. Augusta is working hard to correct their past. I am shocked he was shot on site immediately after.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He did it during their celebration of Lee Elder and did it right over him. That is why it is a major issue. Augusta is working hard to correct their past. I am shocked he was shot on site immediately after.

I was unaware he was shot. Comparatively speaking being banned from the course seems mundane.

Reaction Score
He missed the green by a foot.. ball was pin high, 25 feet right of the flag. Ball below his feet (push lie) and he pushed it a tad. Definitely not even remotely close to a shank.
He hit a pitching wedge into the trap from about 120 yds. It wasn't close to the green. He looked like me.

Reaction Score
He hit a pitching wedge into the trap from about 120 yds. It wasn't close to the green. He looked like me.

I really don’t know why people continue to lie about stupid stuff like this. Especially when you can easily watch a replay. Here I even did the work for you and took of a screenshot at impact.

maybe a foot to the edge of the bunker. Complete shank for sure.

E1B025A7-EFA5-4FE8-8D93-4FC83BE0A2EF.jpeg

Reaction Score
You don't pick your family/kids.

Reaction Score
But you do pick your caddy. It's possible to love your kids and not put them on your bag at Augusta.
Don't know their family dynamics but Gary Player is known as an arrogant jagbag and so is the son. They probably really enjoy each other's company.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the other one doesn't get along with his dad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom