The Master is still at work | The Boneyard

The Master is still at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He may be young and not completely up to date on UConn history........but that had to impact this young man once he sits and thinks about it!!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Time will tell on BA or others that visit. I've read some posters with mixed feelings on JC truly stepping aside. Is there a benefit to Calhoun talking to recruits on the sidelines as Ollie runs practice or could this be viewed as a mixed message?

Reaction Score
Time will tell on BA or others that visit. I've read some posters with mixed feelings on JC truly stepping aside. Is there a benefit to Calhoun talking to recruits on the sidelines as Ollie runs practice or could this be viewed as a mixed message?

There's certainly a major benefit at this early stage. KO is still transitioning. I think it helps recruits know that the legend is still accessible to the players. As time goes on, hopefully JC will ween himself from his program.

Reaction Score
The way i look at this is even though JC is not the coach anymore, he could still be a huge asset with recruits. His record speaks for itself and if youre a recruit, i think it still could mean something to have some sort of a relationship with him if you play here. I think some people have a short term memory here. These current players are kids that Calhoun recruited...they are still his players from a certain point of view. UConn will ALWAYS be Jim Calhouns program and it will continue to be his 10, 20, 50 years down the road.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Of course there's a benefit- how could there not be, you might still have a chance to land a kid that might ordinarily turn UConn down because JC is retiring, but now he sees JC really isn't going far- and no, it isn't a mixed message.

Seventeen and eighteen year old young men understand retirement and know who their coach is. They won't think JC is going to run the next practice just because he spoke with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom