The Maryland PSU fallout... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Maryland PSU fallout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On a day like today hard to bash Edsall.
I've never contended he wasn't a good a coach. How do you compare him to Glen Mason, and Al Groh? Cause those coaches got fired despite long tenures of second tier bowls. Fridge got fired coming off a bowl season. He got his sheet pushed in two conference games this year. Whatever, may he never lose agains and head straight for the HOF.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've never contended he wasn't a good a coach. How do you compare him to Glen Mason, and Al Groh? Cause those coaches got fired despite long tenures of second tier bowls. Fridge got fired coming off a bowl season. He got his sheet pushed in two conference games this year. Whatever, may he never lose agains and head straight for the HOF.

He won at UConn. So as a UConn fan I'd say he's better. But that seems too obvious?

Reaction Score
He won at UConn. So as a UConn fan I'd say he's better. But that seems too obvious?
I get that, but compare his results to guys that got fired from other jobs. In this thread I said he could have stayed here as long as he wanted with the results he was getting. He left voluntarily, s o what exactly is your argument? He did a good job here, he is looking more difficult to replace simply because Hathaway hired a disaster in P, that we have yet to recover from. It was like when Grobb replaced P, it put them in a hole that Marrone didn't dig out from til year three.

Reaction Score
I get that, but compare his results to guys that got fired from other jobs. In this thread I said he could have stayed here as long as he wanted with the results he was getting. He left voluntarily, s o what exactly is your argument? He did a good job here, he is looking more difficult to replace simply because Hathaway hired a disaster in P, that we have yet to recover from. It was like when Grobb replaced P, it put them in a hole that Marrone didn't dig out from til year three.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I don't have any argument. He got bashed in this thread so I pointed out the stupidity of that.

He did a great job here. At some point some will have to accept that.

There aren't players here. It's a really tough job.

Reaction Score
Wrong that we didn't sweat blowing out Army when Edsall was coach.

WhalerLawyer,

Do you guys have email alerts notifying you anytime someone doesn't speak Randy Happydance Edsall in only the most glowing terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom