The Mandalorian | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Mandalorian

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I watched a handful of you tubers diving into this. It appears Disney has been very inconsistent in how they've handed out punishments or what they've not responded to at all. Draw your own conclusions. They are definitely taking some heat for this.

Reaction Score
I watched a handful of you tubers diving into this. It appears Disney has been very inconsistent in how they've handed out punishments or what they've not responded to at all. Draw your own conclusions. They are definitely taking some heat for this.

Of coruse they are. Profit drives a lot of the desicions that any company makes. Anything that threatens the golden goose that the Mandolorian has become for Disney (maybe even their only golden goose due to Covid-19) will be taken more seriosuly than others. In addition, she was not the lead person on the show and had been warned about her social media habits before.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
She's maybe the 8-10th most intriguing character in the show. Mando is primo, followed by Grogu, Moff Gideon, Boba and a few others before she deserves mention.

And easily replaced in the narrative. We haven't seen much of Carl Weathers, nor do we need to. Same with her. She's a minor character who is irrelevant to the story going forward. Mando meets some other hired gun on any of the many planets he visits. Heck, maybe one of the frog eggs grows up quickly and learns to shoot.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anyone else think the lead sounds like Clint Eastwood?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In most companies, employees get a warning and a well-defined letter stating do it again and one is terminated. She's an employee of Disney and if she was axed after her first warning, I could possible see the cancel culture issue. But, this was her second or possibly even third warning. Not much sympathy.

Except that what she did didn’t even warrant a warning, and other employees tweeted much much worse stuff with no action taken at all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wanted to give Carrano the benefit of the doubt, but when she is publicly mocking the star's sibling, I don't think the studio has a choice.

Reaction Score
Just finished The Mandalorian. I thought it was great. The content and creativity of these Star Wars spin offs like Rogue One and Mandalorian have been far superior to the films of the new trilogy in my opinion. I cannot wait for season 3, but that wont be released until 2022.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Starting with episode 4 apparently doomed creativity in the prequels. That and Jar Jar.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just finished The Mandalorian. I thought it was great. The content and creativity of these Star Wars spin offs like Rogue One and Mandalorian have been far superior to the films of the new trilogy in my opinion. I cannot wait for season 3, but that wont be released until 2022.

I actually liked Season 2 better than Season 1. Good show.

I also agree on the spinoffs, although I liked the Last Jedi a lot. I thought Rogue One was excellent and I liked Solo too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I also agree on the spinoffs, although I liked the Last Jedi a lot. I thought Rogue One was excellent and I liked Solo too.

It is interesting that Solo was panned. I watched it and thought it was pretty solid. The prequels had fantastic material to work with, how Anakin becomes Darth Vader is the story of the series. And they cast Annkin so badly and the writing was awful. So much depth could have been added without Jar Jar or the stupid pod race. The clone war should have been better developed as well.

Reaction Score

The original trilogy was obviously the best. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the prequel trilogy over the new Force Awakens trilogy. Regardless of the acting, It was compelling to actually see the why and how Anakin became Darth Vader. Ive said this in other Star Wars threads, but the Force Awakens trilogy seemed kind of hodge podge. They could have went many different ways with it, and there were some strong plot points within those movies, but it just didn't seem to have that classic Star Wars feel in my opinion.

If they knew about the Mandalorian project, It would have been an interesting plot point if they included the kid in the new trilogy in some way. Obviously to stay true to Star Wars Canon, without even finishing the Mandalorian series, we know the kid does not go on to become a Jedi or play a major role saving the galaxy from the First Order.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is interesting that Solo was panned. I watched it and thought it was pretty solid. The prequels had fantastic material to work with, how Anakin becomes Darth Vader is the story of the series. And they cast Annkin so badly and the writing was awful. So much depth could have been added without Jar Jar or the stupid pod race. The clone war should have been better developed as well.

The original trilogy was obviously the best. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I prefer the prequel trilogy over the new Force Awakens trilogy. Regardless of the acting, It was compelling to actually see the why and how Anakin became Darth Vader. Ive said this in other Star Wars threads, but the Force Awakens trilogy seemed kind of hodge podge. They could have went many different ways with it, and there were some strong plot points within those movies, but it just didn't seem to have that classic Star Wars feel in my opinion.

If they knew about the Mandalorian project, It would have been an interesting plot point if they included the kid in the new trilogy in some way. Obviously to stay true to Star Wars Canon, without even finishing the Mandalorian series, we know the kid does not go on to become a Jedi or play a major role saving the galaxy from the First Order.

I will respond to both at once.

I am not a Star Wars fanboy by any means. I like the SWU, I don't love it.

I like New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi has issues. Those movies were made in a different time. I watched the Graduate a week ago. I get why that is considered a good movie, but it is also hopelessly dated and does not age well at all. New Hope is approaching 50 years. It still holds up, but I am not sure how much of the love for that movie is just nostalgia.

The Prequels had potential, but I have two issues:
1) They feel a lot like Lord of the Rings in space
2) George Lucas is a terrible Director. He killed Hayden Christensen's career and could have taken out Natalie Portman's too if she wasn't already a big star.

Force Awakens was fun, The Last Jedi was excellent, and the Rise of Skywalker is what happens when a studio lets internet fans write a screenplay.

The Mandalorian is well served by a slower pace and more character development of TV. The fact that the same frachise is alive this many years later is a credit to the source material, but its variance from the old "look and feel" of the movies is a natural modernization of franchise, and one that needed to happen.

Reaction Score
I will respond to both at once.

I am not a Star Wars fanboy by any means. I like the SWU, I don't love it.

I like New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi has issues. Those movies were made in a different time. I watched the Graduate a week ago. I get why that is considered a good movie, but it is also hopelessly dated and does not age well at all. New Hope is approaching 50 years. It still holds up, but I am not sure how much of the love for that movie is just nostalgia.

The Prequels had potential, but I have two issues:
1) They feel a lot like Lord of the Rings in space
2) George Lucas is a terrible Director. He killed Hayden Christensen's career and could have taken out Natalie Portman's too if she wasn't already a big star.

Force Awakens was fun, The Last Jedi was excellent, and the Rise of Skywalker is what happens when a studio lets internet fans write a screenplay.

The Mandalorian is well served by a slower pace and more character development of TV. The fact that the same frachise is alive this many years later is a credit to the source material, but its variance from the old "look and feel" of the movies is a natural modernization of franchise, and one that needed to happen.
Like I said before, I liked the prequels. At the same time, I agree with you about Hayden Christensen. He was more of a whiny teenager opposed to this great revered Jedi like Anakin was always made out to be. I think they realized this, and when they made the Clone War's movie and animated series, the character of Anakin was way more mature.

The Last Jedi was definitely the strongest movie of the new trilogy, but I still don't think the way they went with the trilogy as a whole, and how they treated the original characters, was true to the Star Wars story. Mark Hamill even had issues with where they went with Luke's character how he just disappeared and went into hiding when things hit the fan. I understand you cannot please everybody, but I think they should have at least had Luke, Han, and Leia on screen together for at least one scene to pay homage to the past and the fans of the original trilogy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And they cast Annkin so badly and the writing was awful. So much depth could have been added without Jar Jar or the stupid pod race. The clone war should have been better developed as well.

And despite all those things being true they still kicked the every loving hell out of the disaster that the sequels were.

What hot garbage TFA, TLJ, and the Rise of Skywalker were. It made me pine for Jar Jar.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And despite all those things being true they still kicked the every loving hell out of the disaster that the sequels were.

What hot garbage TFA, TLJ, and the Rise of Skywalker were. It made me pine for Jar Jar.
Couldn't possibly disagree more. The sequels had their issues for sure, but the prequels were the real hot garbage.

August_West

Reaction Score
Couldn't possibly disagree more. The sequels had their issues for sure, but the prequels were the real hot garbage.
Oh gee let’s make a movie that is a complete remake of Ep 4, have the next movie made by a different director who tossed out the whole setup of the first, and did asinine stuff in canto bright ( lol at Finn and rose for 1/2 the movie) and the tie it all together in a sleeper of a 3rd that did nothing.

As dumb as yoda doing backflips fighting dooku is m, ill take it all day

And I didn’t even have to mention marry poppins Leia or how they totally botched Luke. That’s how bad the sequels were.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"Hold me like you did at the lake on Naboo," Jar Jar Binks and young Anakin. Oh, not to mention how badly they mangled Anakin's transformation to Vader, which was only the entire point of the 3 prequel movies. Frankenstein/Vader unveiling "noooooooooooooooooooooooo" was definitely one of the low points in cinematic history.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AFW doesn't get enough hate for being complete ripoff of A New Hope. TLJ as a stand alone movie is legit good. If that was the only sequel with a prologue explaining who the new random characters were, it would have been worshiped . The last one was a proforma snoozer (the Highlander 2 of the Star Wars Franchise). Really, after Luke saves the Alliance and becomes one with the Force, just end it there. But, they needed three movies and gender balanced hero tale.

The prequels were doomed the moment they decided to turn an innocent child into the worst (best) villain in cinematic history over the span of 6 hours of film time. We didn't find out baby yoda's name until Season 2. They would have been much better off starting Phantom Menace using the prologue for Solo, a street rat hustler who dabbles in crime trying to better himself (or make a better life for him and his slave mother). A pawn shop mascot who races go karts is too long a road to haul.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot about midichlorians. What dumb recess of Lucas's mind did that come from? Just randomly totally changed the entire nature of "The Force" in one scene, never to be mentioned anywhere else ever again.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot about midichlorians. What dumb recess of Lucas's mind did that come from? Just randomly totally changed the entire nature of "The Force" in one scene, never to be mentioned anywhere else ever again.
Not the greatest move. So then let’s flip that. How’s Rey a Jedi master of force with zero training? I mean anakin even of the killer midichlorian count needed training. Ben solo for Christ sakes needed training. Luke needed training, but Rey ? She’s a natural, amirite?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not the greatest move. So then let’s flip that. How’s Rey a Jedi master of force with zero training? I mean anakin even of the killer midichlorian count needed training. Ben solo for Christ sakes needed training. Luke needed training, but Rey ? She’s a natural, amirite?
If ya got it, ya got it.

Okay, I'll concede we can both keep nit picking all kinds of problems w/ both the prequels and sequels. For me I'll take the Disney Star Wars w/ Mr. Lucas kicked to the curb. I'm not saying they were great, but lesser of two evils for me.

Reaction Score
If ya got it, ya got it.

Okay, I'll concede we can both keep nit picking all kinds of problems w/ both the prequels and sequels. For me I'll take the Disney Star Wars w/ Mr. Lucas kicked to the curb. I'm not saying they were great, but lesser of two evils for me.
Unfortunately the hero of the sequels is far and away the worst of the three, from a writing standpoint at least

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the hero of the sequels is far and away the worst of the three, from a writing standpoint at least
I get that there's a lot of backlash toward Rey. But Lucas takes the cake on bad writing. The horrid romance between Padme and Anakin, the mind numbingly dumb dialogue, the totally unbelievable "Anakin turns evil but Palpatine tricked/manipulated him into it." There were some good actors like Portman, MGregor and Neeson, but they didn't have much to work with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom