The Man in the High Castle | The Boneyard

The Man in the High Castle

Reaction Score
I kept seeing ads all over the place thought I'd give it a try. Very good acting and really interesting plot. Basically it's an alternative history set in the 60's of what life would have been like if we lost WWII.

Short answer: We would be screwed.

It's a really good show I'm 5 episodes in. Definitely worth checking out in Amazon Prime

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I kept seeing ads all over the place thought I'd give it a try. Very good acting and really interesting plot. Basically it's an alternative history set in the 60's of what life would have been like if we lost WWII.

Short answer: We would be screwed.

It's a really good show I'm 5 episodes in. Definitely worth checking out in Amazon Prime
Gonna have to take a look at that when I have time.

Did you ever see the mockumentary "CSA, Confederate States of America"?

Reaction Score
Gonna have to take a look at that when I have time.

Did you ever see the mockumentary "CSA, Confederate States of America"?
No never seen it. Aparently this show is based on a 60's book. I might have to check that out too now

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No never seen it. Aparently this show is based on a 60's book. I might have to check that out too now
It really bizarre, to put it mildly.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching this series and enjoyed it. I haven't seen if they're planning on a second season, but the finale certainly sets them up for one. The show supposedly takes place fifteen years or so after the Allies lose WWII. It is thought provoking to think about how quickly everyday Americans would adapt to life under totalitarian control.

Reaction Score
Just checked it out. Really enjoyed it.

Thought it was interesting how they were able to make nearly all characters have both good and bad traits - shows that there are few people that are truly all good / all bad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I watched the pilot, haven't started the rest yet. My first take is that you have to be ready to give your suspension of disbelief a good workout.

Reaction Score
I watched the pilot, haven't started the rest yet. My first take is that you have to be ready to give your suspension of disbelief a good workout.

Thought it was very realistic if you get past the initial premise.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wife and I watched this last week. (Just got a new Smart TV, so much easier to use Amazon Prime TV stuff.) Really liked it. Thought it had a good story and good acting.

Not sure if I'll still like it though, if it becomes an alternate reality/different world travel thing. IDK, have to see how they do it.

But it starts up again in a couple weeks. 12/16.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife and I liked it a lot when we watched last year. I'm looking forward to it resuming this year. The show is quite a bit better than the book by the way. The book feels rather dated.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2. Still pretty good so far.

They are doing real well with the character development (writing and acting). Giving the good and bad side of each. When Smith showed back up at the house, my wife goes "I'm glad he's ok, I really like him." I said, "you realize he's the bad guy, right?" She looked at me weird?? "He's the leader of the Nazi's." She was like "hmm, wow, yea, I guess so". But I agreed with her.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Have watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2. Still pretty good so far.

They are doing real well with the character development (writing and acting). Giving the good and bad side of each. When Smith showed back up at the house, my wife goes "I'm glad he's ok, I really like him." I said, "you realize he's the bad guy, right?" She looked at me weird?? "He's the leader of the Nazi's." She was like "hmm, wow, yea, I guess so". But I agreed with her.

We are re-watching season 1 to prepare for season 2. Just last night my wife commented on how good the actor who plays Smith is. He is oddly likable in some way.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just finished watching season 2. It had much better pace than season 1. The idea of jumping realities was starting to bug me but there's a decent pay off in the end. I think they could have just ended it with Season 2 but it sure looks like they are setting up season 3 and I hope they can keep up the quality.

Overall really enjoyed the two seasons. Neat concept. Makes you want to immediately watch the next episode.

I find it interesting the Juliana is the only character that exists alive in both realities at the same time. Tagomi can only exist in one at a time and his family is dead in the Castle reality where his assistant's family is dead in Our timeline but alive in the Castle timeline. Interesting nuance that could be explored more in future seasons.

If you are a history buff and looking for something interesting to watch, you won't be disappointed with MITHC. I thought it was cool they talked about Atlantropa which I had to go look up. Very interesting.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just finished watching season 2. It had much better pace than season 1. The idea of jumping realities was starting to bug me but there's a decent pay off in the end. I think they could have just ended it with Season 2 but it sure looks like they are setting up season 3 and I hope they can keep up the quality.

Overall really enjoyed the two seasons. Neat concept. Makes you want to immediately watch the next episode.

I find it interesting the Juliana is the only character that exists alive in both realities at the same time. Tagomi can only exist in one at a time and his family is dead in the Castle reality where his assistant's family is dead in Our timeline but alive in the Castle timeline. Interesting nuance that could be explored more in future seasons.

If you are a history buff and looking for something interesting to watch, you won't be disappointed with MITHC. I thought it was cool they talked about Atlantropa which I had to go look up. Very interesting.

My wife and I finished it last night. Very enjoyable, always well acted and written. It was faster paced than season 2, and leaves plenty of room for season 3.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Bumping this having just watched season 3 and starting season 4. They've really done a good job with this - I think each season has been better than the previous so far.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bumping this having just watched season 3 and starting season 4. They've really done a good job with this - I think each season has been better than the previous so far.

It's vastly better than the book, which I couldn't even get through.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I read the book. It wasn't particularly compelling.

Reaction Score
I read the book. The whole I Ching thing didn't work for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom