The Lowest 10 Salaries of the P5 Schools | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Lowest 10 Salaries of the P5 Schools

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

I am seeing a recurring theme here with you, PAC-12 school has to "bite the bullet" due to revenue concerns. So while I understand many of the smaller schools in non-P5 conferences showing austerity, it is a bit surprising that the larger, P5 schools (besides the PAC-12) are having to "cut costs" given the supposed income streams that they have been getting. What this tells me is the current model is not sustainable and that schools have not saved up for that "rainy day"...The large 800 pound Gorilla in the room who is getting a bit stressed still needs to be talked about-College Football and those salaries of 11, 12, 13 coaches and various support staff. Especially if the fall season is at risk. Can someone say "Day of reckoning"?

Reaction Score
Absolutely that day of reckoning is coming and coming quickly.

Cornell University, which does not offer athletic scholarships is looking at between $145 million and $210 million dollar deficit for 2020-2021. That's if the fall semester returns to somewhat normal. With out the fall semester having in person instruction and it ends up with virtual learning only, that deficit is likely to double because of the potential for reduced revenue as a significant portion of students will not enroll.

For a large P5 school's I can't see them in any better position, given the number of scholarships, travel, meals and everything else that goes into an athletic department.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I'm assuming this means that JR Payne is likely the third-highest-paid coach at CU?

This, despite the fact that she is — according to the data provided by the prestigious research firm of @DefenseBB and Associates — tied for the second-lowest-paid p5 WBB coach in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom