The Lovefest is Over | The Boneyard

The Lovefest is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All that Kumbaya culture stuff is out the window. Word from a trusted horses mouth is BD read the riot act. " Enough already. You win today--or else you will not be going home over the Bye Week". Let's see how his reverse motivation works. I say we win.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
All that Kumbaya culture stuff is out the window. Word from a trusted horses mouth is BD read the riot act. " Enough already. You win today--or else you will not be going home over the Bye Week". Let's see how his reverse motivation works. I say we win.
Riot acts don't win games. Scoring more than the other team usually works better. I'm off to the Rent.

Reaction Score
One key, but difficult, task of coaching is being able to gauge when your players need to be raised up and when you need to push their buttons (and knowing which buttons to push).
Auriemma is a master at this.
As one would expect from a new coach, Diaco is trying to figure it out.

Reaction Score
One key, but difficult, task of coaching is being able to gauge when your players need to be raised up and when you need to push their buttons (and knowing which buttons to push).
Auriemma is a master at this.
As one would expect from a new coach, Diaco is trying to figure it out.

Unfortunately, Auriemma was nowhere near enough to Storrs this week so that Diaco could invite him to dinner to pick up some motivation tips.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If he allows EVERY player to have a part of the game today (read NOT shutting down the passing game) we should have a fighting chance to win. If he pulls what he did against USF....well thank goodness there is nice weather, I'll leave it at that.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
ARGLE BARGLE HE'S BLAMING THE PLAYERS - some boneyarder reading this, probably.

Reaction Score

Didn't work.

When I first read this thread I thought you posted it after the game? So when does Diaco get read the Riot Act?

Reaction Score
Didn't work.

When I first read this thread I thought you posted it after the game? So when does Diaco get read the Riot Act?

Pretty sure the OP meant to say BD was read (pronunciation "red") the riot act by those above him. That's what I took from the OP's post.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn't work.

That's the best part of the deal. You can't read him the riot act when you owe him 9 million dollars.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the OP meant to say BD was read (pronunciation "red") the riot act by those above him. That's what I took from the OP's post.

Sure Nostical will clear it up but did you take this statement to mean that Ward was grounding HCBD?

"Enough already. You win today--or else you will not be going home over the Bye Week"

Pretty sure it was directed at players if Nostical's intel was correct

Reaction Score

I don't think so, Bob is an adult who can go home whenever he pleases.

Reaction Score
Sure Nostical will clear it up but did you take this statement to mean that Ward was grounding HCBD?

"Enough already. You win today--or else you will not be going home over the Bye Week"

Pretty sure it was directed at players if Nostical's intel was correct

That's pretty harsh. Just my thoughts and that's exactly how I viewed it. Call it as I see it.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Defense is not all that bad but when you are out there most of the game and your offense is spotting teams 14 to 21 points, it is hard to win. This offense just blows, lack of talent is a huge reason. As I said, no coach in America would come in here and make this team a winner. It takes time in Big Boy football. The O side needs a few offensive weapons and a line thatt can give my grandmother enough time to throw the ball and th team will be fine. We are alll frustrated but its a process, we just have to keep tap, tap, tap, tap, tapping that rock!!!!! :)

APA

Reaction Score
Uconn had the ball for 35 minutes against Boise and 33 minutes against BYU. Get a clue.

Reaction Score
When the offense throws pick 6's and strip sack fumbles that lead to quick points, it is not hard to see why the offense is on the field more often. They run the ball which keeps the clock running adding to time of possession.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Yes Warde told Diaco he can't go home during the bye week. That will teach him.
Lol - 'you are not leaving the complex Bob - you aren't allowed to drive home to your wife and kids 20 minutes away'

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Uconn had the ball for 35 minutes against Boise and 33 minutes against BYU. Get a clue.
yeah and how many times did they turn it over brother. Time of possesiom on offense means nothing when long drives turn into turnovers that lead to points for the other team and no points out of other long drives because of the run ate up a bump of clock. Get a new clue! Have you ever even played before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom