The Little Bit More Theory | The Boneyard

The Little Bit More Theory

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When kids go elsewhere there are reasons. UConn looks to have stopped recruiting a few kids that many thought were high on UConns list. Why? Geno may already have verbal commits that havent gone public. Look at who UConn is still recruiting. Those are most likely the kids that Geno wants and who want to play for UConn. Play for UConn not sit over a year. Why do some top prospects not go to UConn or ND? Because there are kids ahead of them who will play before them and maybe 2 deep at their position. Some of those kids sitting are unhappy and will transfer some will not. We have been hearing about Jones and Boston for a long time and we still are hearing about them. For that reason I like our chances and I dont have any inside information on them.

Geno is one step ahead of every other team in WCBB. He has made a total commitment to the school and team. Most other coaches are not as organized as Geno is and do not demand from their kids what Geno demands. For that reason kids who come here fall in place and do what is expected and a little bit more. The little bit more theory is one of the reasons why UConn has accomplished what theyve accomplished. Its the Little Bit More theory.
Anybody can go into a gym and shoot for a few minutes and think theyve got it. It takes more then that. I remember watching DT shoot for hours. Others have followed that. How do you think Lou and some others have become great shooters? I can assure you its not by shooting a few shots and going home. 300 400 500 shots a day? What ever it takes and its different for each player. With that said coaches need to coach the fundamentals and the firs part of fundamentals is FUN. Making it fun.

Making it fun and creating competition is what makes a player better. Shoot for the moon and if you miss you end up with the stars. Most people will compete and its a coaches job to make it fun and give rewards. Win or loose you compete and have fun. The rewards could be play time maybe recognition in some form. Thats what makes you better and thats what coaching is about.

So for those kids who go elsewhere I can understand it. They want to play they want to be close to home. Its about what they want. Those kids who choose UConn and are the kind of player Geno is looking for. Geno is not chasing top players. Geno is evaluating top players and it comes down to will that kids fit in to our program and not make waves.? Is that kid going to make a total commitment? Many recruits are chasing UConn and thats different then Geno chasing them. Some coaches are trying to get top players and are willing to bend the team rules for those kids. Geno wont because one bad attitude can spoil it for everyboday else. At UConn everybody is on the same page and if theyre not then its on them . UConns expectations are much higher then anywhere in WCBB. At UConn its expected to be the FF and NC and they prove it almost every season. Thats the goal and thats the reward for doing a Little Bit More.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom