OT: - The Limits of a rivalry...Tennessee Player Needs Help | The Boneyard

OT: The Limits of a rivalry...Tennessee Player Needs Help

Reaction Score
We're all guilty at times of forgetting that outside of rivalries...LIFE still goes on for these players. I read this today and sighed...and yes, she is a Tennessee rival, but as a father...that didn't matter here. She was advised to sacrifice one child in hopes of saving the other..and she has chosen to FIGHT and save them all. That is courageous. Help, if you can, or just even write a letter or send a card...supporting her.

Nicky Anosike

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well said! There is a link to donate at the end of this article and I would encourage everyone to do so. There is also a reminder that Geno was the first coach to donate to the Pat Summit Foundation. Our humanity should always rise above our fandom.

Reaction Score
As a Mom, this really touches me. I’m blessed with two healthy sons and know that others aren’t as lucky. Open your hearts, UConn Nation.
I would second your thoughts. I am a father of two healthy adults and they both have blessed my wife and me with a beautiful grandchild. All my prayers and a donation to this courageous woman.

Reaction Score
We're all guilty at times of forgetting that outside of rivalries...LIFE still goes on for these players. I read this today and sighed...and yes, she is a Tennessee rival, but as a father...that didn't matter here. She was advised to sacrifice one child in hopes of saving the other..and she has chosen to FIGHT and save them all. That is courageous. Help, if you can, or just even write a letter or send a card...supporting her.

Nicky Anosike
I remember Nicky playing in high school for some Staten Island team .. so all you Noo Yawkuhs should chip in!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Nicky Anosike
Exactly! 8,489 Boneyard members; $5 each; $42,445 - Cash problem solved. How about $50 to make up for the folks that won't see the post.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Exactly! 8,489 Boneyard members; $5 each; $42,445 - Cash problem solved. How about $50 to make up for the folks that won't see the post.
Totally agree with this approach, also another opportunity to display why UConn fans are simply the best there is, even beyond Basketball..!! Praying for this young lady and her little ones...

Reaction Score
I am giving $50, Could we get a count going?

Reaction Score
According to WVLT in Knoxville:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Lady Vol legend and current Lady Mavericks coach at Anderson County High School in Clinton Nicky Anosike-Chima gave birth to her two twin babies early Sunday [June 6th] morning. The twins came via cesarean section and the new mother is doing well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to WVLT in Knoxville:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Lady Vol legend and current Lady Mavericks coach at Anderson County High School in Clinton Nicky Anosike-Chima gave birth to her two twin babies early Sunday [June 6th] morning. The twins came via cesarean section and the new mother is doing well.
Hopefully both babies are also doing well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You guys rock! Way to go UConn Nation!

FWIW, our thread has had a longer life than the one on Vol Nation. UConn fans are the best!

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
The funny thing about school rivals... is that it's only the fans that really care. The athletes themselves are friends and support each other. It's only the fans that have this "us vs. them" mentality. I love when athletes from other schools are friends with each other and support one another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom