The Last Sporting Event You Attended? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Last Sporting Event You Attended?

Reaction Score
Memohis Grizzlies vs. Atlanta Hawks in March 2, 2020. I remmber seeing some people wearing masks to thst game but i didn't think i wouldn't see another since.

Reaction Score
sixers vs boston 2019. we brought our nephew & and his friend. all they wanted to do was catch t-shirts & get popcorn

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Final 4 in 1999, what a trip. thanks Bob F!

Reaction Score
My last UConn event was the Michigan series at Port St. Lucie on February 21st thru 23rd where Hook C took 2 of 3.
I was also in Port St Lucie that weekend and saw a bit of the UM/UConn game while also attending the Mets/Cardinals game on 2/23.

Pre Covid the last games I attended were UConn/UCF at XL on 2/26 and UConn/UMass at XL on 2/28.

Post Covid I was at The Travelers Tournament in June 2020 working (volunteering) as a shot link scorer on the 13th hole on both Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was either Houston at Gampel or UConn vs. UMass hockey can’t recall which one was later

Reaction Score
Post Covid I was at The Travelers Tournament in June 2020 working (volunteering) as a shot link scorer on the 13th hole on both Saturday and Sunday.
Totally forgot about this! I was up there too doing the same job. I was on hole #10. Now that you mention it and thinking back, it was so nice to be outside doing something after those initial months.

Reaction Score
Last one was a New Britain's Bees game in July. 25% capacity, didn't know that team existed until a couple days before and it was just an excuse to drink some beers outside.

Last one when the world was normal was the Houston game at Gampel. I was already thankful to be able to go as I had to get out of a work thing last minute. But then the fact that the world would fall apart about a week later, and then it ended up being a thrilling game with the best atmosphere for a uconn game in a long time (there were other great atmospheres last year too but this one was the best), plus CV's speech at the end made it so much more memorable.

Reaction Score
I was also in Port St Lucie that weekend and saw a bit of the UM/UConn game while also attending the Mets/Cardinals game on 2/23.
That was the best game of the series IMO, Krauth looked great and the weather was beautiful for baseball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tom Brady’s final game as a Patriot in the playoffs vs Tennessee last year.

Reaction Score
It has to be one of my Grandsons Competitions / Games. The last professional game was a Az Cardinals / Green Bay playoff game A few years ago. It was that 51-49 in OT classic. I wanted to attend the UConn / Houston football game that we won as I was instate but my grandsons weren’t interested.even with me paying. I wanted to go to the last UConn / Uof A game in Tucson but my ride canceled. I don’t drive very far anymore.
My youngest grandson just had his first soccer game
which I wasn’t allowed to attend. One parent only. Probably the first initial sporting event I ever missed for any grandson.
I seldom missed an opportunity to support them if at all possible.
I’ve told the story before
2014 FF against Fla.
Its conflicted with my grandsons BB game and since we had not eaten we stopped at a nearby Texas Roadhouse. The game was on TV but I couldn’t see a screen the way the seats were, that was by design. My wife who normally would get annoyed by me watching a game during a meal mercifully kept giving me score updates. Finally with about 10 minutes to go she relented I was a wreck and I went to the bar to watch the final few minutes .
Im known to be uninhibited in my enthusiasm or disapproval.
and started cheering as the game counted down. There was a waiter who I didn’t know almost equally enthusiastic ( I never learned his connection) and we cheered and high fived to the chagrin of the patrons. Fortunately I wasn’t thrown out.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Houston/UConn, senior night at Gampel and a great game...little did we know it would be the last one of the season.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Pro: Hartford Yard Goats home baseball game, July 2019 - love that Nectar of the Goats IPA from Hooker Brewing.

College - UConn vs. ECU football @ the Rent, November 2019 - made friends with some ECU fans while tailgating. Did purple and yellow jello shots out of huge plastic syringes.
ECU alumni/fans are awesome. Always a great time.

speaking of which... last sporting event i attended was UConn @ ECU hoops on Feb 29, 2020. Hit Sup Dogs before the game and had a blast. Will miss making that trip going forward.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Fall 2020. A 6 game, girls High school, fall league actually took place in Connecticut. One parent per player allowed, 2 coaches per team, sanitizer breaks, temp checks before entering. No problems at all.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
March 7, 2020: Warriors vs 76ers in the Chase Center. The NBA shut down 4 days later, as did the rest of the country.

Reaction Score
My state tournament basketball game, we got thrashed, the next day CT cancelled the state tournament, the next week everything got crazy...

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Memphis game at XL last year. Late February I believe

Reaction Score
My last sporting event was the Bridgeport Sound Tigers against Toronto last March. We won that game but it could have been a shut out. I was at WBA for the uconn men and womens games.

Reaction Score
The Houston game for Senior Night. One of the better Gampel atmospheres in the last five-six years.

Reaction Score
Vermont high school division 1 boys basketball championship game at UVM last March. Everything shut down the next day. My team, Rice won by 1. A real thriller. HS basketball is big in VT.

Reaction Score
Last attended - Feb 13th, 2020. Avs vs Caps at the Pepsi Center here in Denver

Last played - Mar 2nd, 2020. won league championship in soccer...woo!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom