The Last Sporting Event You Attended? | The Boneyard

The Last Sporting Event You Attended?

Reaction Score
@NDakotaHusky's hero's journey to Omaha got me thinking...

Not counting rec leagues or kids' games, what was the last sporting event you attended?

For me, it was Iona hosting Monmouth on January 26th, 2020. So memorable and eery because I learned about Kobe's death during the game and New Rochelle became the first Covid shutdown in the nation just a month later.

Hoping for some baseball this summer! In September, we still tentatively have a trip planned for my in-laws to fly in to see North Dakota State (wife was born in North Dakota and in-laws are alum and former season ticket holders) play at Towson.

Reaction Score
@NDakotaHusky's hero's journey to Omaha got me thinking...

Not counting rec leagues or kids' games, what was the last sporting event you attended?

For me, it was Iona hosting Monmouth on January 26th, 2020. So memorable and eery because I learned about Kobe's death during the game and New Rochelle became the first Covid shutdown in the nation just a month later.

Hoping for some baseball this summer! In September, we still tentatively have a trip planned for my in-laws to fly in to see North Dakota State (wife was born in North Dakota and in-laws are alum and former season ticket holders) play at Towson.
Before today, I watched NDSU play South Dakota State last year in Fargo. Got to see the infamous David Wingett play for SDSU.

Reaction Score
I got third row tickets behind the Hornets bench on New Years Eve 2019 as a gift. Very cool experience. The Celtics were in town that day, my buddy and I had the time of our lives.

Edit: Now that I think about it more, I realized that last game I attended was the Women's game between UConn and South Carolina in columbia last year. Had a good time with some buddies. Saw the UConn women at Sonic the night before

Reaction Score
Oklahoma City Thunder at Celtics on a Sunday night. Think it was March 8, 2020. I remember people were saying to wash your hands a lot and I saw a guy I know and we went to shake hands and laughed and said we probably shouldn't do that. Little did I know what was coming.

Reaction Score
Pro: Hartford Yard Goats home baseball game, July 2019 - love that Nectar of the Goats IPA from Hooker Brewing.

College - UConn vs. ECU football @ the Rent, November 2019 - made friends with some ECU fans while tailgating. Did purple and yellow jello shots out of huge plastic syringes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Couple of HS football games in the fall of 2020.

UConn at Tulane Mar 2020.

Reaction Score
Went to the MLB college tournament in Arizona, watching UConn baseball play in February. They were exciting to watch and couldn’t wait to go to the new stadium to watch them play. Little did I know that was it.

Reaction Score
Houston at UConn on senior night

Damn that was a fun night
Yes it was. I remember wondering why there was an announcement that there would be no post game handshake per rules of the AAC. I turned around and asked why? The person behind said “Coronavirus”. I just felt it was odd they let these teams play a game and handle the same ball, but a post game handshake was off limits. The world changed very quickly after that Houston game. But, looking back on it, Im happy I went to that game because little did I know, I would not be able to attend another for a very long time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom