OT: - The Last Jedi | The Boneyard

OT: The Last Jedi

Reaction Score
All this down time has me thinking. First full disclosure. It has been more than 56 years since I took Latin from Sister Mary Michael. I remembered this.
If Alumni is plural and Alumna is singular. Isn't Jedum singular.? and
I question that Jedi is masculine. As opposed to a feminine Jeda .
Hey. I don't have to go to the movie. I figured out who is the Last Jedi..well that saved me a couple bucks. Thanks Sister MM.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have to ask. How many boneyarders are going Friday night for the Last Jedi? The word of mouth from the premiere is very good. I must confess to having my ticket.

I'm a Trekie all the way back to the first Star Wars episode in 1977. I'll be there. There are some movies you just can't watch on TV. Star Wars and Star Trek movies MUST be seen on the BIG screen in 3D, with multiplex Dolby surround sound with others of our ilk!!!
It all began with this one.........................A long time ago.......... in a galaxy far far away. :)

81ae8A9aEYL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I have to ask. How many boneyarders are going Friday night for the Last Jedi? The word of mouth from the premiere is very good. I must confess to having my ticket.

I'm going Thursday night. I'll be sure to post all of the spoilers here ;)

Reaction Score
Sorry. I think Star Wars is little more than a cartoon. I'v seen three and was disappointed each time. Unless my wife wants to go, I'll beg off.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm a Trekie all the way back to the first Star Wars episode in 1977. I'll be there. There are some movies you just can't watch on TV. Star Wars and Star Trek movies MUST be seen on the BIG screen with multiplex Dolby surround sound with others of our ilk!!! :)

It all began with this one.....A long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
What?
dddbd39766189a5a7bbd80387fe65efb6768b1e35a8595197e9ec1a9b257e778.jpg

Carnac

Reaction Score
That was a wink emoji, Scoop! I wouldn't post any spoilers, but super excited to see the movie - I heard its the longest of all the Star Wars films?

Hey........I'm like my man Bart Scott....can't wait!!! ;) I've been a loyal trekkie for 40 years, I'm hooked!!!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hey...I'm like my man Bart Scott....can't wait!!! ;) I've been a loyal trekkie for 40 years, I'm hooked!!!

Huh?? Trekkie??? Good luck, Kirk is long gone...

Reaction Score
My son has a college recital Friday night so we're breaking tradition and he's going Thursday night with friends while my husband and I take our eleven year old with his friends on Saturday. So excited to go and I'll torture my oldest if he tells me what happens!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'll wait for the 4K video release. It just destroys the modern theater experience.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Huh?? Trekkie??? Good luck, Kirk is long gone...

..................But not forgotten! :rolleyes: Star Wars & Star Trek, same genre. If you like one, you like the other. I love both and I've seen all the movie versions of both.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I'm a Trekie all the way back to the first Star Wars episode in 1977. I'll be there. There are some movies you just can't watch on TV. Star Wars and Star Trek movies MUST be seen on the BIG screen with multiplex Dolby surround sound with others of our ilk!!! :)

Technically, it began in 1966 when Star Trek first aired. We watched it while I attended UConn.

Live long and prosper!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I too am a Star Trek fan first but watched Star Wars many times in the theatres starting in 1977. Fantastic entertainment. However as with the Star Trek reboot I find these new incarnations very lacking in original thought. Technically marvelous of course but I'd really like to see an original idea nowadays. I felt even though The Force Awakens" had very good reviews that it was a re-hash in many ways of "A New Hope". I actually liked "Rogue One" better. And I was not as down on George's prequels as so many others were. I felt Hayden Christensen being cast was a weak link but the stories were good. The problem with those was everybody knew what was going to happen. Not so with the first 3. I'm hoping for good things from "The Last Jedi" but not expecting much.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Technically, it began in 1966 when Star Trek first aired. We watched it while I attended UConn.

Live long and prosper!

I'll drink to THAT! (Saurian Brandy please)

Reaction Score
I might go on Friday since school has been cancelled for the rest of the week due to poor air quality from the Thomas Fire.

Reaction Score
I probably won't see it until next week at the earliest. Too much other stuff going on right now and wifey is not a fan of the genre at all. Might have to go with my daughter when she gets home from school. I suspect my son and his girlfriend will be going sometime over the weekend if not Friday night.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Live long and prosper!

This is true. I was only referring to the first Star Wars episode which debuted in 1977. The first Star Trek (The Motion Picture) was released Dec 6, 1979.
If you really want to be technical, we can go all the way back to 1928 when BUCK ROGERS made his debut. Buck Rogers first appeared as Anthony Rogers in a short space opera, "Armageddon-2419 A.D." by Philip Francis Nowlan, published in the August 1928 issue of Amazing Stories. A sequel, "The Airlords of Han," appeared in the March 1929 issue. In 1936 the first FLASH GORDON episode was filmed. Both characters were portrayed by Buster Crabb. No doubt there are a few yarders here that go back that far. I'm not one of them.

upload_2017-12-13_11-53-48.jpeg

But we're not going back that far, just to 1977. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

81ae8A9aEYL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought a laser disk machine and the disks for the first 3 when they became available, just because I wanted a "high def" version. I have a paperback edition of the first movie that predates the film release.
Been reading science fiction and fantasy since I first picked up ERB's "Princess of Mars" back in grammar school, 7th grade.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I bought a laser disk machine and the disks for the first 3 when they became available, just because I wanted a "high def" version. I have a paperback edition of the first movie that predates the film release.
Been reading science fiction and fantasy since I first picked up ERB's "Princess of Mars" back in grammar school, 7th grade.

My older brother got me hooked on sci-fi back in the 50's. He's a big sci-fi fan too, and I followed in his footsteps. You know how younger kids look up to, and follow their older siblings. I saw this one at the theater with my bro during it's first run in 1955. :cool:

p2518_p_v8_aa.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom