The last disappointment about Wolfe thread | The Boneyard

The last disappointment about Wolfe thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team--after being put in the worst possible position by the NCAA(missing the NCAA's/ player exodus and some future recruiting liabilities) and unfortunately having to deal with JC leaving a few years before he likely wanted to--had a team that truly truly was set to play for a championship--and what a grand feeling for everyone. This is a great team we have--but its missing a key ingredient that wouldve set us apart. An improved Nolan and Wolfe would've been the pure 5 anchor for this team--now its stuck one rudder short and that happens to be the 7-1 260 version. Was there any surprise that we were 16-6 with Wolfe and 4-4 without him? And then you factor in improvement senior confidence and with our robust supporting cast--a team that would've been as good as any Uconn team we ever had. This team has cahones this team has leadership skill athleticism depth--but we needed Wolfe. If JC helped rehabilitate guys in the past for indiscretions--why does a 21 year old man who simply shoved another human being be put out of a scholarship? Dont you take into account his past standing including his high academic level--his decency in the process after the incident. KO made a mistake--he should've insisted he go to bat for Wolfe in this case. But someone did not and were short a cog that might be a difference maker for a FF$ contender and a team that is just short(no pun intended) If your kid makes one mistake--do you throw him out of the home? The crime did not fit the penalty. If he honestly hit her slapped her anything with blunt force--he should be out--from all reports he did nothing of the sort and paid repercussions last year.

Reaction Score
Why can't anyone spell his name right? It's Wolf. And while we certainly could have used him, lets relax on the ridiculous overrating of the guy. He was a 3 and 3 guy. Also, don't you think we struggled down the stretch a bit b/c Omar, Bazz, and others were hobbling all over the place? If Wolf is there, we still lose most of those games in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Oh and I have no issue whatsoever with KO giving him the boot. While JC did rehabilitate some guys over the years, it was embarrassing (to me at least) to constantly have our guys getting busted for various things and the "punishment" being a minor suspension. Right or wrong we developed a fairly seedy rep around CBB (U-Con, etc.) and I like that KO is using a zero tolerance of sorts.

Reaction Score
yea, I'm sure the team's struggles down the stretch were due to Wolf, and not the fact that Bazz, Giffey, and Omar were all injured. if you guys are going to continue with this comical legend building for a guy who averaged 3pts and 3rebs, at least spell his name right.

Reaction Score
Why can't anyone spell his name right? It's Wolf. And while we certainly could have used him, lets relax on the ridiculous overrating of the guy. He was a 3 and 3 guy. Also, don't you think we struggled down the stretch a bit b/c Omar, Bazz, and others were hobbling all over the place? If Wolf is there, we still lose most of those games in my opinion.
I can understand misspelling someone's name by leaving letters out, but it's bizarre that so many people on this board add an "e" to end of his name.

If you think "Wolfe" is the correct spelling, you should probably get tested for dyslexia.

U

UCONNfan1

Oh and I have no issue whatsoever with KO giving him the boot. While JC did rehabilitate some guys over the years, it was embarrassing (to me at least) to constantly have our guys getting busted for various things and the "punishment" being a minor suspension. Right or wrong we developed a fairly seedy rep around CBB (U-Con, etc.) and I like that KO is using a zero tolerance of sorts.
I will be really curious to see what the Olander punishment is. It's possible he may have played his last game for UCONN. And I wouldn't blame Ollie one bit...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I will be really curious to see what the Olander punishment is. It's possible he may have played his last game for UCONN. And I wouldn't blame Ollie one bit...
For a DUI? No way he gets tossed.

Reaction Score
Wolf is the biggest loser in this. He would have played at least 25-30 minutes per game depending on foul trouble. And might have increase his Euro money with a deep run in the tournament.

Reaction Score
For a DUI? No way he gets tossed.

I think the fact it's a second alcohol related offense will come into play. We will see if Ollie takes the approach of Roger Goodell. If wolf gets his scholarship taken away and Olander doesn't that would send a very interesting message. To me a DUI (especially for someone as big as him. he would have to take 6 shots or have 6 beers in an hour just to creep over the legal limit. aka there's no accidentally having 1 or 2 extra) is definitely a bad enough offense on it's own to pull his scholarship. In fact the NCAA should mandate it. You can walk on the team, but the privilege of a scholarship should be taken away.

Reaction Score
Some overrate Enosch and others underrate....to dismiss him as the 3 and 3 or whatever well you missed some of the good things most of which would have been improved again this year with more time. He was our best option last year and would have fought with Phil to be that again......either way we would be a better team with him this year and there's no denying that! Only way that changes is if Phil stays out of foul trouble an gets 8/7 a game or if Brimah is able to eat some of those minutes effectively. None of which is guaranteed!

Reaction Score
Some overrate Enosch and others underrate....to dismiss him as the 3 and 3 or whatever well you missed some of the good things most of which would have been improved again this year with more time. He was our best option last year and would have fought with Phil to be that again......either way we would be a better team with him this year and there's no denying that! Only way that changes is if Phil stays out of foul trouble an gets 8/7 a game or if Brimah is able to eat some of those minutes effectively. None of which is guaranteed!

To me he was good for 7-5 this year and Nolan 8-5 in combination --that wouldve set us apart. And the big thing we dont have is that 7-01 260 pound frame!! Reading that quote from Ollie above about Tyler--my bet is that Ollie was not the guy who spelled out the punishment--we have a female President and it couldve been seen as violence against women--lets make an example but I think in this particular case--the decision makers were wrong and the team fans and school might end up paying

Reaction Score
To me he was good for 7-5 this year and Nolan 8-5 in combination --that wouldve set us apart. And the big thing we dont have is that 7-01 260 pound frame!! Reading that quote from Ollie above about Tyler--my bet is that Ollie was not the guy who spelled out the punishment--we have a female President and it couldve been seen as violence against women--lets make an example but I think in this particular case--the decision makers were wrong and the team fans and school might end up paying
The only way we would have gotten 15 points out of the 5 spot is if every other player on the team broke their toe. You are delusional.

Reaction Score
The only way we would have gotten 15 points out of the 5 spot is if every other player on the team broke their toe. You are delusional.
It's pretty clear scrappy just lives in an alternate universe. He also thinks Giffey is only going to play 7 minutes a game.

Reaction Score

Seriously. I stop reading posts when I see Wolfe. He would have been a senior this year and people still get the most simple name in the world wrong.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Soon they're gonna be in bloom up in Annandale.

They will be on stage at MGM on Sept. 28.......... my absolute fav0rite band of all-time ............ who's lyric is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom