The Last Dance on ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Last Dance on ESPN

Reaction Score
I'd put West and Oscar ahead of Shaq in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I'd have Shaq in the top 20.
Totally agree. The Big O averaged 26 a game for his career and was the first player ever to average a triple double in a season. Logo averaged 27 a game for his career. BTW, there were no three point shots then and both had great range. The principal reason they didn't have more rings? From 1958-1969 the Celtics won 10 of 11. I would put Russell as #2. Easily the greatest team player in the history of the sport.

Reaction Score
Final two episodes begin at 9 pm on ESPN. As pointed out, you can stream them but they are also all on ESPN today beginning at 1 pm. Not to be missed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun interview and Dee did finish the interview with a "Go Huskies" :D:D

On the other hand, SVP pushed the theme that Dee and MJ were the same in terms of leadership and leadership style and Dee under the spot light fed that narrative but I actually think Dee was a very positive individual to her teammates (at least at UConn) and would never have pulled some of the MJ stuff.

Of course, allowances should be made between college and the pros but as far as I know, Dee never had to bully anyone to perform.

Reaction Score
Well, it turns out that the "Flu Game" was really the 'Food Poisoning Game" and the implication of the show was that it was done intentionally by a pizzeria in Salt Lake City who showed up with 5 guys to make the pizza delivery because they knew who ordered it. MJ also said everyone would have come back to try at a 7th title if Jerry Krause hadn't mouthed off in the beginning of the season. Reinsdorf said it would have been financial suicide to bring everyone back for a 7th and that he told Phil he could come back and coach a rebuilding team. MJ said it was maddening not to go for the 7th. I also thought the ending was great. We found out that Phil made everyone write down what the team meant to them. MJ wrote a poem which we didn't hear. At the end, Phil made them all put what they wrote in can, turned off the lights and burned them.

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi talks MJ with Van Pelt.

SVP showed her a lot of respect, which she deserves. She nailed it I thought when she talked about having to give up your life for that kind of greatness.

Reaction Score
MJ is definitely the goat in my eyes, but his reign was during the goat period for the NBA......1984-1998. Not saying that lessens his goat status, but I'm just arguing one reason he's the GOAT is because he played against and beat so many GOATs like Shaq, Isaiah, Magic, Drexler, Miller, Barkley, Malone, Ewing, etc.

The one GOAT I don't think he ever beat is Bird. I mean, yeah of course he won a few games against him, but he wasn't responsible for ending the Celtics dynasty. The Pistons did that of course. I'm just saying he would've been the last piece in his pawn collection.

Michael Jordan was definitely the greatest player I ever saw (in any sport) and I was a Celtic fan..... Sorry but it makes me laugh when people tried to compare LeBron to MJ..... I wouldn't even put LeBron in the same class as Kobe..(who was the second greatest player I ever saw)

Btw,

Since I am a Celtic fan I can unequivocally say that I hated both the Lakers and Bulls.... But the truth is the truth....

Michael Jordan is on a list that only includes Babe Ruth and Ali.... Every other athlete is on a second tier..

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From one of the greatest and most watched sports documentaries to Lance Armstrong and later Donald Sterling. :(:(:(

Reaction Score
Michael Jordan was definitely the greatest player I ever saw (in any sport) and I was a Celtic fan..... Sorry but it makes me laugh when people tried to compare LeBron to MJ..... I wouldn't even put LeBron in the same class as Kobe..(who was the second greatest player I ever saw)

Btw,

Since I am a Celtic fan I can unequivocally say that I hated both the Lakers and Bulls.... But the truth is the truth....

Michael Jordan is on a list that only includes Babe Ruth and Ali.... Every other athlete is on a second tier..

Lebron>Kobe, agree with everything else you said though.

Reaction Score

Btw,

Absolutely. When it comes to Lebron or MJ it ain't even close. You are now making a separate greatest ever athletes list but really it is a list of the athletes who become the sport and then transcend it like Ruth or Ali. I would put Tiger in that category as well. Barkley on ESPN said the two greatest athletes he ever saw were MJ and Woods.

Reaction Score
Thank you Husky. Having lived my teen aged years in the fifties I had the opportunity to follow Bill Russell in college, the Olympics and the the pros. Because the name of the game now is scoring people overlook players who have a total game. Rebounding, both offensive and defensive, passing, scoring when he had to, and leadership qualities so far beyond most players that people find them hard to accept today. He was also an outspoken fighter for civil rights at a time when it was not only unpopular but sometimes dangerous to do so. It's easy to stand up in the middle of a crowd of people who are yelling "Yes" and yell yes with them, It takes courage to say "No." Bill Russell yelled "No."

Reaction Score
Oh come on, he's not even the best at his position. SMH.
Really? Who was? And please don't say Wilt Chamberlain. Chamberlain was the primary scorer on a Philadelphia team that had no other scorers and no rebounders. Russell probably had more assists in one game than Chamberlain had in a season. And Russell carried his teams to championships.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really? Who was? And please don't say Wilt Chamberlain. Chamberlain was the primary scorer on a Philadelphia team that had no other scorers and no rebounders. Russell probably had more assists in one game than Chamberlain had in a season. And Russell carried his teams to championships.
As I said before, I'd take Lou, Wilt and Bill before him.

I agree, Russell had better teams. Don't agree he was a better player.

Reaction Score
As I said before, I'd take Lou, Wilt and Bill before him.

I agree, Russell had better teams. Don't agree he was a better player.
Shall we just agree that we all have our favorites?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Shall we just agree that we all have our favorites?
Sure, sorta. I mean I never cheered for Jabbar, but I'd still pick him before Russell.

Be nice to have that Star Trek Holodeck thing, then we could just play everyone at their peak and see what happens. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom