The Last Bridgeport Regional? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Last Bridgeport Regional?

Reaction Score
Well part of the problem with bigger cities is that many have both NBA and NHL teams that make it harder for an arena to be available for a whole week. In addition, you would want to put it in an area that has shown some interest in WBB. I know Des Moines had a regional back in 2012 I think.... that would be a good location for another one in my opinion as they really support WBB on a state level. Plus a WBB regional in a big city wouldn't even move the radar, and would be largely ignored by the local population and media.

I think Greenville has enough hotel rooms... but yeah.. its not the easiest place to fly to.

In the interest of fairness no team should be assigned to a site within 300 miles of any regional and any regional in their state. So SCar would have to go out west. Right? I mean it's only fair, right?

Reaction Score
In the interest of fairness no team should be assigned to a site within 300 miles of any regional and any regional in their state. So SCar would have to go out west. Right? I mean it's only fair, right?
Suuuuure.

Jds

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the NCAA will structure the dual regional? Will there be 4 games on one day and then 2 games 2 days later? Or will it be 2 one day, 2 the next day and 1 and 1 the following days. To me it doesn't seem like this will put more people in seats. IF there are 4 games one day I don't think may people will watch all 4. If they do 2 sessions of 2 games on the same day I don't see how that will fill the seats unless the teams playing are not that far from the arena and I don;t see how this is better than having 4 sites. IF they the 2,2,1, 1 game setup how is this any better than 4 sites. It seems that maybe the only thing to be gained by having 2 regionals at the same site is it convenience and cost for the NCAA and media.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
According to ESPN's box score the 15000 seat Wichita arena drew 4500 for their E8 game.

Do you think Louisville vs Michigan would have had that many in attendance if it were played in Bridgeport instead?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom