The lack of desire to put a hat on a hat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The lack of desire to put a hat on a hat

Reaction Score
Diaco reminds me of Shea at Rutgers. They both recruited 1AA players. He didn’t know what he was doing.

Reaction Score
It was at least 80-20 UConn fans and the bars were filled with UConn fans other than a smattering of gold.

No way UConn had 16,000 people at the game, which would be 80-20. Maybe they had 12,000 at the game. That is being generous.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced the D culture is bad. Not enough culture of nasty being instilled by Betty. It's all play by theory, being in the right position to make a play. Putting aside scheme, D is in large measure about intensity, motor and instinctive meanness. You've got to like knocking the snot out of somebody and physically and psychologically dominating every play. That's not our D. Having 195 pound guys filling on run stop is a joke as we saw last night. We need both size and speed. Speed doesn't help stop a 240 RB coming down hill as we saw. Arm tackling and torpedoing legs is the surest sign we have some very scared players. You can't fix fear of contact. That is why we need to recruit real football players not glorified track stars.

Reaction Score
No way UConn had 16,000 people at the game, which would be 80-20. Maybe they had 12,000 at the game. That is being generous.
Announced crowd <21,000 with capacity of 37,000. Neither fan base should be crowing. Maybe it was the price of the tickets. Best sight line was from the bleachers in the end zone. Most other seats including midfield were just awkward feeling.

Reaction Score
And here is another thing - I thought that simply because the two teams were having different years and BC was right around the corner that BC fans would be at worst 50-50 in the crowd
It was at least 80-20 UConn fans and the bars were filled with UConn fans other than a smattering of gold.
Imagine if we were good again- I was incredibly impressed by the fans who showed
admittedly, didn't get to TV until early 4th quarter. by that time, looked like 150 or so Uconn fans and maybe a couple dozen BC fans.
was the crowd decent to start the game?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
admittedly, didn't get to TV until early 4th quarter. by that time, looked like 150 or so Uconn fans and maybe a couple dozen BC fans.
was the crowd decent to start the game?
The UConn side was along first base and into right field and was pretty well packed in. I’m sure there were some BC fans in that area too though. BC fans were along third base and aside from the students there was literally no one in a seat that wasn’t covered. Behind home plate was for unaffiliated fans or what ever and was very sparse but was probably mostly BC fans. If there was ~20,000 fans there it was as probably 13000 UConn fans and 7000 BC fans. Bad weather, UConn having 3 wins and outrageous prices did the attendance no favors but it wasn’t a bad showing by UConn fans at all IMO.

Reaction Score
Watched the game on TV in Pittsburgh with friends...was really disappointed in what looked like on TV to be such a lackadaisical effort. Only saving grace is that Pitt fans are really pissed with their team so they couldn't say much to me.....

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
If there is anyone doubting Edsall just remember that he ripped away the scholly of a kid who bitched and moaned to the national media and ended up playing at Lafayette when the smoke cleared.
He is going to do right by the school and if it takes a few years just suck it up and wait like a real fan would

im drawing a blank on this one, who was that?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Santana Sterling and Tyler Coyle are good. Fast, willing to play physical. Seem to have good anticipation skills as well. The other 9 spots? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i like sterling, i think the kid is hungry and ready to prove himself, plays hard, thats really all you can ask

Reaction Score
you are assuming there were really 20K at the game. You are the one being generous.

Reaction Score
Announced crowd <21,000 with capacity of 37,000. Neither fan base should be crowing. Maybe it was the price of the tickets. Best sight line was from the bleachers in the end zone. Most other seats including midfield were just awkward feeling.
This is for you and Hank. There were really more like 15K at the game if I had to guess, and I'm comfortable saying it was something like 12K Uconn fans/3K BC fans. It really wasn't close.
I'm not bragging about the number of UConn fans in the actual seats - but I'm also not sure anyone could expect more than 12-15K considering the many years of crap, the 2 hour drive and the forecast of rain covering the entire game. That forecast was out there all week to turn some people off.

Anyway, I'm just lighting up the horrid BC fanbase, thats all. The game is 5 minutes away, Addazio keeps telling us Boston College is Boston's team and with a chance for a win to get 6 for bowl eligibility they all stayed home.

Reaction Score
you are assuming there were really 20K at the game. You are the one being generous.

Announced attendance was 20,133. I would not be surprised that actual attendance was much lower!

Reaction Score
If the Fenway group was smart the game should have been in both teams season ticket package.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom