The lack of desire to put a hat on a hat | The Boneyard

The lack of desire to put a hat on a hat

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It all comes back to the second player on the depth chart not being able to push the first stringer off the field.

Players play lackadaisical because no one pushes them off the field.

Reaction Score
Two more recruiting cycles. This year is #1.

You can not over state how bad Diaco recruited. I was critical of his recruiting from day 1 but told that coach knows what he is doing. His kids were FCS at best.

Randy’s class so far this year is light years ahead of Red Pants. Close it out plus 1more and winning the division is within reach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To be clear I think the coaches coached their schemes at the expense of maximizing the roster they had for this season.
Lashlee was better at figuring out talents of the players, Crocker was a disaster all year. I understand why defensive players are frustrated. Only saving grace is all this game time will help the secondary next two seasons.

I know Edsall can build a program. I'm still surprised he has accepted the level of effort.

Reaction Score
To be clear I think the coaches coached their schemes at the expense of maximizing the roster they had for this season.
Lashlee was better at figuring out talents of the players, Crocker was a disaster all year. I understand why defensive players are frustrated. Only saving grace is all this game time will help the secondary next two seasons.

I know Edsall can build a program. I'm still surprised he has accepted the level of effort.
In regards to the effort, I'm not sure there is anywhere he can turn. Maybe he knows he just has to wait it out and make do with what he has.

Reaction Score
is the most troubling thing. Give me Greg Lloyd Jr on the goal line against ND. This team tackles in space like they’re playing flag football

I can't recall a single instance this year where one of our players gave an opposing player a good extra curricular shove after a play was over. You might say that shows mental discipline, but I think it shows something else.

Reaction Score
Edsall always had something solid in his linebackers corp. Both first and second string. I'm happy with Joseph ... but he wouldn't have started in 2005-2009. We need stacks of tough LBs with athleticism.

I'm tired of listening to guy's tee off on Crocker. I don't think the answer of the D performance is simple.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Some of these kids I hope get pushed out by players redshirting. Graham at punter is too inconsistent. Really hope the Australian pushes him next year.

Reaction Score
I mean half of this team isn't good enough to play at this level. They're not fast enough, big enough... they're just not the same kind of human being. Their max effort isn't good enough because they can't play at this level. Trust me - those kids are trying, they're just not good enough at football.

It's going to take 2, maybe 3 years for Edsall to clean the roster up from where it's at. If he can.

Reaction Score
I mean half of this team isn't good enough to play at this level. They're not fast enough, big enough... they're just not the same kind of human being. Their max effort isn't good enough because they can't play at this level. Trust me - those kids are trying, they're just not good enough at football.

It's going to take 2, maybe 3 years for Edsall to clean the roster up from where it's at. If he can.

2 more seasons and we will be competitive. Bet on it.

Reaction Score

If you take out "Edsall" from the comment above, it can be used every couple of years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Combine 3 years of bad recruiting with 3 years of bad coaching and that is what you get. Players look slower when they don't know what they are doing. Edsall can't fix that overnight.

I can't believe that I am now a leading Edsall Apologist on this board, but threads like this need to stop.

Reaction Score

This post is right on the money. These players are not FBS caliber. Add that to the fact that the defense is disgaceful with their abysmal attempts at tackling. Guys if you are afraid of contact, get off the field before you get hurt. The DB's are just aweful.

Reaction Score
If there is anyone doubting Edsall just remember that he ripped away the scholly of a kid who bitched and moaned to the national media and ended up playing at Lafayette when the smoke cleared.
He is going to do right by the school and if it takes a few years just suck it up and wait like a real fan would

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I'm not too sure he has accepted it.

Geno says you can't coach effort. He assumes the players he recruits are going to be mature enough to give max effort, or they know they're going to ride the bench until they do. Randy didn't have the luxury of doing that or we would have seen an even worse snowshow than we've seen this season. He couldn't risk replacing what he's got on the field with second stringers who are far worse.

Edsall has made it pretty damn clear there's going to be a major off season house cleaning. He's going to recruit over some and perhaps even quite a few players. They can either stay and ride the pine, or they better spruce up their resumes and start looking for a soft landing spot someplace else. They likely already know who they are.

Reaction Score
And here is another thing - I thought that simply because the two teams were having different years and BC was right around the corner that BC fans would be at worst 50-50 in the crowd
It was at least 80-20 UConn fans and the bars were filled with UConn fans other than a smattering of gold.
Imagine if we were good again- I was incredibly impressed by the fans who showed

Reaction Score
I watched the game on TV. As the BC players entered the statium I heard loud booing. I was surprised and wondered if there was something else happening at the same time which was the cause. Based on Viking’s comments, maybe the predominantly UCONN crowd was loudly booing BC.
If so, pretty bad for them. Before the game their coach was claiming this is “our town.” Well, their campus is there. Fans? Not so much. Apparently the students didn’t want to make that long trip from Chestnut Hill to Fenway. The rest of Boston just doesn’t care about BC, but we already knew that.

Reaction Score
Would just like to see some effort. Marshe Terry embarrassed himself tonight. Wanted nothing to do with making a tackle. Jogged in pursuit.
Someone needs to force him off the field. John Robisnon looked promising last year but hasn't gotten a sniff this year then got suspended. Too bad.

Reaction Score
Santana Sterling and Tyler Coyle are good. Fast, willing to play physical. Seem to have good anticipation skills as well. The other 9 spots? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom