The Kibitzer memorial Badass award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer memorial Badass award

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, so many good candidates. Olivia‘s 10 rebounds? Bad ass. Aaliyah‘s eight rebounds and clutch charge? Very bad ass. Nika’s tough defense and eight rebounds? Incredibly bad ass. Paige 14 points encourage after getting knocked around twice to come back out in the floor? Badassery personified.

But I’m giving this games a bad ass award to Evina. Her clutch threes changed the tenure of the game. Life has knocked Evina around a whole lot. Everything from the criticism she received at Tennessee and when she made the decision to transfer, to her surgery and doubts about whether she’d ever be the same player she was before, to losing her coach, to having her role change to being a reserve, but when her number was called today she came out and knocked down clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot. Shaking off doubts and rising to the challenge of the moment. That to me is what a bad ass does.

Reaction Score
So hard to tell. The defensive BA is the team as a whole with special mention to AE and Nika and ONO.

The offensive BA is....is....hell, I don't know:

Paige - only one to score in all 4 quarters.

CW - 1 basket in 1st Q, 1 in 3rd, then a big 3 and 2 FTs in the 4th.

Azzi - 2 baskets in the 1st Q, none in 2nd or 3rd, but four huge FTs in 4th

ONO - 1 FT in the 2nd, 1 basket in the 3rd A, then a basket and 3 FTs in the 4th Q.

AE - 1 basket in 1st Q, 1 in 3rd Q, then a basket and 3 FTs in the 4th Q.

Nika - 1 basket total. Don't let that fool you into thinking she wasn't a big part of this win.

EW - no baskets in 1st or 3rd Qs, but 3 huge 3s in the 2nd and 3 big FTs in the 4th Q.

I just can't say who was THE BA.

Reaction Score
Actually, although it looked (and was) bad, I’ll give her a little slack because I think she thought CW was cutting to the basket. So glad it didn’t end up being a focal point of a last minute loss. Plus, her threes were huge!

Reaction Score
Actually, although it looked (and was) bad, I’ll give her a little slack because I think she thought CW was cutting to the basket. So glad it didn’t end up being a focal point of a last minute loss. Plus, her threes were huge!
I think if you asked CW she would clearly say that she caused that turnover. She cut and E put the ball right there. CW stopped.

Clearly the team was the Bad Ass for me. Everyone having there moments at different times during the game. Clutch free throw shooting bad ass.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
But I’m giving this games a bad ass award to Evina. Her clutch threes changed the tenure of the game. Life has knocked Evina around a whole lot. Everything from the criticism she received at Tennessee and when she made the decision to transfer, to her surgery and doubts about whether she’d ever be the same player she was before, to losing her coach, to having her role change to being a reserve, but when her number was called today she came out and knocked down clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot. Shaking off doubts and rising to the challenge of the moment. That to me is what a bad ass does.

Without Evina we lose by double-digits.

Geno (and I) agree.

“Somehow, some way, when she gets into big games, she finds a way to knock in two or three of them," Auriemma said. "And it happens every time we need (her) to. I would say she was probably the most valuable player in the game (Friday)."

Reaction Score
So hard to tell. The defensive BA is the team as a whole with special mention to AE and Nika and ONO.

The offensive BA is....is....hell, I don't know:

Paige - only one to score in all 4 quarters.

CW - 1 basket in 1st Q, 1 in 3rd, then a big 3 and 2 FTs in the 4th.

Azzi - 2 baskets in the 1st Q, none in 2nd or 3rd, but four huge FTs in 4th

ONO - 1 FT in the 2nd, 1 basket in the 3rd A, then a basket and 3 FTs in the 4th Q.

AE - 1 basket in 1st Q, 1 in 3rd Q, then a basket and 3 FTs in the 4th Q.

Nika - 1 basket total. Don't let that fool you into thinking she wasn't a big part of this win.

EW - no baskets in 1st or 3rd Qs, but 3 huge 3s in the 2nd and 3 big FTs in the 4th Q.

I just can't say who was THE BA.
A team effort! Just about everyone who player had a Bad moment or 2 , Then came back, brushed it of and made a big play. Free throw shooting which more often then not Hurts us, was a big part of the win!!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Evina. Absent one pretty bad play, she settled the team down. But it’s hard to argue with other choices. The last month has seen amazing balance from this team. Olivia played the first half like she was on Mars but came back to Earth in the best possible way in the second half.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So many options, Paige was Paige, Evina had huge buckets and played her butt off despite being undersized at the 4, Azzi had a bad shooting night, but was cool as a cucumber on the free throw line. Liv and Aaliyah battled hard all night. Liv had a great and 1 against Brink and Edwards drew a huge charge against Jones.
Not to mention Nika. Oh that's right. You didn't. ;)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was both the BA and Bonehead player of the game followed by Evina.
Before piling on Evina, listen to what Geno said about the pass to nowhere/nobody. It's at about 8:05.

“Evina made a great pass. And Christyn just goes…I'm tired of running, I'm not cutting to the basket.”

Reaction Score
In a game with many good choices for different reasons (Paige, Nika, ONO, AE, Azzi), E was the BA. She brought a certain calmness to the team both on offense and defense.

Reaction Score
The thing to remember is that this is a team effort and as a team they are all BADASSES! I think three people really stood out for me, Edwards, Westbrook, and Muhl. They did things that were just daggers. While people like Ono, Bueckers, and Williams did what they normally do.

What I would love to see in the next game is Azzi, who has had a great season, come back from this game.... look to hit those threes and make them. I would love to see some time for Caroline, and see her hit a few threes as well. I would also love to see Edwards and Ono draw some fouls on their bigs.....

South Carolina is a good team... but they are beatable. That is why we play the game.... and I hope tomorrow night... the BADASS award goes to all the members of the team and Geno and his staff. As a team they win!

Reaction Score
Olivia!!!

Her defense was great, her rebounding was key, and her offense in the second half pushed us over the top.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
To quote a famous tv color dude, "It was the defense baby" thanks to Dickie V. I hope he doesn't send me a bill for using his line.;)

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the second half. For me the BA is the entire team. At one point or another everyone stepped up when it counted. Honorable mention to Nika, snaring 8 rebounds when you give up at least 4 inches to your opponents is Bad Ass!

Reaction Score
Before piling on Evina, listen to what Geno said about the pass to nowhere/nobody. It's at about 8:05.

“Evina made a great pass. And Christyn just goes…I'm tired of running, I'm not cutting to the basket.”

He decided to cover for Westbrook. Watch the replay when he jumps a couple steps out onto the court and yells in her ear, No. No. Why? Why? He didn't think it was a great pass at that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom