The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial BadAss Award

Reaction Score
ONO == A perfect shooting percentage in the first half!
Very nice game by all. Glad to see Piath and Amari get
some playing time to work off some jitters . Nika with a
sacrifice of no points to provide, ++ passing, assists,
hustle and "grit"!

Reaction Score
Liv. If she didn't have to play out of position for her UCONN career...her performance tonight wouldn't surprise so many. As I have said many times...she was never a true 5. I think she will catch the WNBA off guard...playing the 4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You have a good point. A scorer can’t afford a conscience and while she missed her shots, I liked Amari’s mindset.

I am not going to succumb to this 3pt fever and accept everyone just hoisting it up even if they are not good 3pt shooters. I would have been much happier seeing Amari demand the ball with intensity in the post. When Piath came in, she really demanded the ball. Not that it led to alot of points but that is what I want to see.

Even Caroline caught a bit of 3pt fever shooting so quick when she could have slashed more to the basket, post up or curl for more mid range 2. The game just looks better to me when the shot selection is more diverse.

Reaction Score
This game is too tough to call to be honest.
That's a true sign of getting back to UCONN DNA. Everyone on the floor is a threat. Last two games have been some of his best coaching IMO. He's getting people minutes, back up to speed and trying GAME combinations to see what clicks. Everyone knows that Butler was overmatched, but it presented an opportunity to retool. I expect him to keep pressing Aaliyah to see if he can get her confidence up. No one can convince me that she can be as good as advertised. Keep shooting.

Reaction Score
I am not going to succumb to this 3pt fever and accept everyone just hoisting it up even if they are not good 3pt shooters. I would have been much happier seeing Amari demand the ball with intensity in the post. When Piath came in, she really demanded the ball. Not that it led to alot of points but that is what I want to see.

Even Caroline caught a bit of 3pt fever shooting so quick when she could have slashed more to the basket, post up or curl for more mid range 2. The game just looks better to me when the shot selection is more diverse.
Yea...Piath wanted the ball in the post..., but, she couldn't hold the position long enough or she was on the wrong side of the lane (or late) to get clean post touches. Deberry...tried to, but after awhile she decided to try and imitate Ono's high post passing and screening...and yea...three pointers. To her defense, Geno and the bench were screaming...shoot it. Hey....see if you can make them in a real game where the outcome has been decided. In the 4th, there was a lot of weird experimental lineups out there. Piath, Deberry and Ono?

Reaction Score
Hard to chose a Badass in a predicted blowout. But as I have in the past will take the hate mail for giving it to the Butler team for out scoring UConn in the forth quarter. ;)
UConn making The Big East more relevant one game at a time. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom