The Jackson floater | The Boneyard

The Jackson floater

Reaction Score
It is starting to look like something may be there. It's very unconventional but if he can hit it with regularity he becoms a more dangerous player.

It should be a high percentage shot for him. With his hops, he's almost looking down at the basket when he lets it go.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Some years back Chris Douglas-Roberts was lethal for Memphis and the squid using the mid range push shot.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt in my mind that AJ will continue to improve upon all of his weaknesses.

Freshman year: Too many fouls and turnovers. Couldn't shoot.
Sophomore year: Much less fouls and turnovers. Shooting improved.
Junior year: Better penetration and finishing at the basket?
Senior year: Puts it all together for All American season??

Reaction Score
Certainly is encouraging to see so much improvement on long range shooting, FT's and the occasional floater. His defense and passing has also improved. The two areas where I expected to see improvement were in taking the ball to the hoop, and possibly a pull-up jumper. The pull-up can wait, but would love to see him take it to the hole whenever the opportunity presents. Seems that would be a strength for AJ.

Reaction Score
Looks like when he gets the rebound and runs it up the floor, that the other team's defense is not yet set.

So then, he should be able to continue his dribble and take the ball to the hoop. Will a guard switch and strip the ball or will a center come over and block the shot, or will he even make the layup? He has to try first and find out. Even with a miss, he wouldn't be the only player on the team to miss a bunny.

With practice, he should improve.

Reaction Score
Jackson is an enigma, you never know what you are going to get from him. He makes like an NBA range 3 in the 1st and then doesnt shoot another 3 the rest of the game. He makes a great turnaround floater after being silent on offense the rest of the game. The sky is the limit if he can figure out his offense.

Reaction Score
The 2 plays that stood out to me yesterday were when he flashed to the foul line to help out Cole and then got it to Sonago for the half buzzer beater and then in the second half , maybe around the 10 minute mark ? ) when he was working with Whaley , who in turn, was trying to set up a pick and roll with AJ going to his right. AJ saw immediately that DePaul was blocking his path going right so he hesitated for a second and then attacked going left setting up the 2 defenders to follow and then delivered a beautiful screwball type bounce path to Whaley who converted the tear drop floater.

Jackson just sees and anticipates plays better than anyone on the court.

Reaction Score
Jackson is an enigma, you never know what you are going to get from him. He makes like an NBA range 3 in the 1st and then doesnt shoot another 3 the rest of the game. He makes a great turnaround floater after being silent on offense the rest of the game. The sky is the limit if he can figure out his offense.
It still is a push shot that he wasn't covered that tight. Until he develops a real jump shot he isn't an NBA player. That shot in the NBA is being blocked.

Reaction Score
Looks like when he gets the rebound and runs it up the floor, that the other team's defense is not yet set.

So then, he should be able to continue his dribble and take the ball to the hoop. Will a guard switch and strip the ball or will a center come over and block the shot, or will he even make the layup? He has to try first and find out. Even with a miss, he wouldn't be the only player on the team to miss a bunny.

With practice, he should improve.
Completely agree. He really needs to be aggressive trying to get to the basket when he does this. He automatically be already looking for someone to pass the ball to. He should automatically be trying to get to the basket first.

Reaction Score
Jackson needs to watch some Rudy Gay and Stanley Robinson videos and realize he can get to the rack and stuff it.

He has absolutely no touch shooting at this point.

Daz

Reaction Score
It still is a push shot that he wasn't covered that tight. Until he develops a real jump shot he isn't an NBA player. That shot in the NBA is being blocked.
An amazing athlete with a high motor and great feel for the game who should have a successful career in the NBA…………if the shooting improves.

Reaction Score
I want him to watch video of Stanley Robinson. Get his body in position to throw it down! Most kids these days seem to think jams only happen on drives.
That’s a great call. The floater seems useful several feet out (I still like a little glass maybe), but with his athleticism, he just needs to drop the anvil like Sticks or Rudy if he’s a couple feet away.

Plant, push off, turn, and slam it home while bodying through the contact.

Reaction Score
I think Andre when attacking the hoop gives up his dribble too soon so he then is looking to pass or too far out to dunk or hit a layup. He needs to keep his dribble alive till he is closer to the hoop and not be out of control fast so that he can change direction, spin or hope of all hopes hit a pullup jumper.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I want him to watch video of Stanley Robinson. Get his body in position to throw it down! Most kids these days seem to think jams only happen on drives.
I would love for Sanogo to do that

Reaction Score
Certainly is encouraging to see so much improvement on long range shooting, FT's and the occasional floater. His defense and passing has also improved. The two areas where I expected to see improvement were in taking the ball to the hoop, and possibly a pull-up jumper. The pull-up can wait, but would love to see him take it to the hole whenever the opportunity presents. Seems that would be a strength for AJ.
agreed. I mean he really is not a threat to score from anywhere. His defender can sag off of him and help others on D or simply rest.

Reaction Score
watching Stanley would certainly help him as they both have elite athleticism. I would also like him to watch Tyler Kolek or Marcus Williams on the the 2006 team. Those guys have great passing and court vision and the ability and anticipation to see how plays develop which Jackson has, too. Those other two are pass first players, but keep defenses honest with their shooting the latter which Jackson falls woefully short.

Reaction Score
Jermey Lamb had a nice floater at UConn and that worked out well.
He threw up some of the softest teardrop floaters and 3s I've ever seen in that BET and NCAA run. Shots kinda nestled themselves into the hoop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom