The Jackson floater | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Jackson floater

Reaction Score
I think Andre when attacking the hoop gives up his dribble too soon so he then is looking to pass or too far out to dunk or hit a layup. He needs to keep his dribble alive till he is closer to the hoop and not be out of control fast so that he can change direction, spin or hope of all hopes hit a pullup jumper.
Agree. Seems as if he has to make his decision to drive or pass before the foul line. Is this because he takes such long strides so he's committing early?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jackson is an enigma, you never know what you are going to get from him. He makes like an NBA range 3 in the 1st and then doesnt shoot another 3 the rest of the game. He makes a great turnaround floater after being silent on offense the rest of the game. The sky is the limit if he can figure out his offense.
That’s my main gripe with him. Outside of defensive rebounding he’s just a total wild card. You never know what he’s going to do, what you’re going to get. I’m not sure some of the things he does well, like the circus passing, are conducive to winning. He would have frustrated the crap out of Calhoun. His ceiling is really high though.

Reaction Score
His shooting mechanics are unusual and he needs concentrated shooting instruction and tons of practice off season. He needs to find his game.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if you said Andre was going to average 7-7-3 of 43/37/73 shooting splits and a 1.5/1 A/TO ratio everyone on this board would have signed up for it.

He's also become a fantatsic defender and has learned to stay in the game. Last year he averaged 2.8 Fouls/game in 16mpg. This year he's averaging 2.4 fouls per game on 29mpg.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That’s my main gripe with him. Outside of defensive rebounding he’s just a total wild card. You never know what he’s going to do, what you’re going to get. I’m not sure some of the things he does well, like the circus passing, are conducive to winning. He would have frustrated the crap out of Calhoun. His ceiling is really high though.
Calhoun would’ve had a lot of his offense woes fixed by now. The development of guys here offensively was consistently phenomenal.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if you said Andre was going to average 7-7-3 of 43/37/73 shooting splits and a 1.5/1 A/TO ratio everyone on this board would have signed up for it.

He's also become a fantatsic defender and has learned to stay in the game. Last year he averaged 2.8 Fouls/game in 16mpg. This year he's averaging 2.4 fouls per game on 29mpg.
He’s kind of Lebron like on fast breaks. If he’s trailing you he’s most likely going to block it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think Andre when attacking the hoop gives up his dribble too soon so he then is looking to pass or too far out to dunk or hit a layup. He needs to keep his dribble alive till he is closer to the hoop and not be out of control fast so that he can change direction, spin or hope of all hopes hit a pullup jumper.
This is his main issue with driving. Needs to trust his dribble and use his body to protect the ball and get to the hoop. He has no idea how to use his body.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It is starting to look like something may be there. It's very unconventional but if he can hit it with regularity he becoms a more dangerous player.
It sure does. A added dimension. Although this is about Jackson, can I insert Polley with him, Polley is taking it to the hoop almost regularly. That is also something added. What AJ and Polley adding into their game could prove beneficial of course. Might mess up the other teams scouting report.

Reaction Score
Embrace Jackson. He has a unique game. Let him do his art.

Reaction Score

I said it would be a successful season if he averaged 8/5/3 on decent shooting splits and okay defense. His defense has exceeded my expectations as has his rebounding. A little disappointed he still hasn't expanded his scoring package inside the 3 point line, but that might have been too much improvement to ask for one off-season. I am VERY impressed with the work this kid put in to improve.

Reaction Score
I said it would be a successful season if he averaged 8/5/3 on decent shooting splits and okay defense. His defense has exceeded my expectations as has his rebounding. A little disappointed he still hasn't expanded his scoring package inside the 3 point line, but that might have been too much improvement to ask for one off-season. I am VERY impressed with the work this kid put in to improve.
Agree with you. And you know he'll continue to put in the work this off-season to work on his deficiencies. He is one of the hardest workers on the team. A gym rat who wants to get better.

Reaction Score
When AJ is out of the game I always feel like something is missing. I guess what's missing is the opportunity to see something truly sensational which could happen with Jackson at any given moment. He does things on the court that nobody else on the floor can do. I expect to see some incredible finishes next season especially with his ability to get the ball up the court so quickly with only three or four dribbles.

I did the long jump and triple jump in high school and my freshman year at uconn. I can only imagine how good he would be at both of those events if he put his mind to it.

Reaction Score
It is starting to look like something may be there. It's very unconventional but if he can hit it with regularity he becoms a more dangerous player.
Hes horrible offensively. Hes becoming hard to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom