The Issue with Brimah | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Issue with Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you want to point to Brimah's shortcomings, they are all on display here today.

Reaction Score
If you want to point to Brimah's shortcomings, they are all on display here today.

Actually started with a missed rebound OOB's but then recovered with a couple rebounds and a finish. Then lights went out. I was amazing to me when he ran down court and instead of fronting the big dude he ran behind him and hugged him like a big teddy bear - unbelievable. Then he guarded no one on a high pick and roll - yep it's all out there for everyone to see. Our 2nd best player though right magic? LOL

H

huskymagic

Fishy the only shortcoming evident today are Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, and Miller unable to guard their positions as well as dribble drivde penetration. Kevin Ollie has no defined roles like Calhoun used to have which is how UCONN has been so successful. We have a bunch of interchangeable zeroes on defense. There is not much Brimah can do about that. Jalen Adams needs to start immediately and Facey plus Enoch need more minutes. We have no toughness on the perimeter too many softies. I want to see a Roscoe Smith out there or a Stanley Robinson to get nasty on the perimeter. We have too many players that are undisciplined and lacking basketball fundamentals.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Not really. Brimah got the better of Gonzaga in the first five minutes, came out, and then Sabonis started killing Facey and Nolan. Brimah came back in and got a quick off the ball foul and sat for Enoch. Last four minutes was more about our perimeter guys not guarding anyone than anything Brimah was doing wrong. Big guy got a good bounce on a jump hook over him and he was a smidgen late in help and missed a block on a baseline drive that I thought he was going to get. But that was still a tougher layup the Gonzaga guy made than the ones our guards can't seem to make. We have two Division I guards who get a wide open lane to the basket and it feels less than 50-50 they'll finish.

Edit: And as I type, he gives up an easy chippie.

Reaction Score
Fishy the only shortcoming evident today are Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton, and Miller unable to guard their positions as well as dribble drivde penetration. Kevin Ollie has no defined roles like Calhoun used to have which is how UCONN has been so successful. We have a bunch of interchangeable zeroes on defense. There is not much Brimah can do about that. Jalen Adams needs to start immediately and Facey plus Enoch need more minutes. We have no toughness on the perimeter too many softies. I want to see a Roscoe Smith out there or a Stanley Robinson to get nasty on the perimeter. We have too many players that are undisciplined and lacking basketball fundamentals.

You're lost pal. He's half the reason watch the damn game, he's potentially more last than you when he is guarding a pick and roll.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No he wasn't. But he wasn't the only reason.

He only played 19 minutes, so he couldn't have been that high on the list. Unless you mean by him not being in there. Not defending his play, but you have to be in the game to affect the outcome.

Reaction Score
He only played 19 minutes, so he couldn't have been that high on the list. Unless you mean by him not being in there. Not defending his play, but you have to be in the game to affect the outcome.

19 minutes is what you need to know. He was affecting play so they elected to play him less right?

Thought he finished good today, played harder, worked harder even showed some physicality. Lucky as hell on that put back as he shot it flat footed but hey, he got the rebound in traffic. If he can pay like that for 20 minutes we're better.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
19 minutes is what you need to know. He was affecting play so they elected to play him less right?

Thought he finished good today, played harder, worked harder even showed some physicality. Lucky as hell on that put back as he shot it flat footed but hey, he got the rebound in traffic. If he can pay like that for 20 minutes we're better.

I'll take luck 10 times out of 10! :)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So which big is Ollie targeting for the 2016 class when Brimah heads to the NBA Draft?

Reaction Score
Though I think AB is not a great center he was far the main issue in todays game. SM was having a horrible time with the 4 man popping out all game long. Love that SM hustles but he has to play better d when he is forced to play a mobile 4 who can shoot the 3. I don't think KF was any better with this either so you can't say you can just substitute one for the other.

Though seeing more of SE would be great as we need to develop him at center. PN's boat has sailed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Right on!
It's a process and he is incrementally improving.
There will be some steps backward but he will be more effective by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom