The infuriating Rick Barry character | The Boneyard

The infuriating Rick Barry character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which we see in his don Canyon ... And several of Canyon 's half brothers ...when they argue every call they are involved with. Their father was a classic bitch leader. And then they will be a jerk about the ensuing technical foul.

Not every family has this. And you'll note the basketball playing Hamiltons are quite professional in getting to the next play.

Reaction Score
Yep....looks like his dad taught him how to shoot FT's.

Reaction Score
Which we see in his don Canyon ... And several of Canyon 's half brothers ...when they argue every call they are involved with. Their father was a classic bitch leader. And then they will be a jerk about the ensuing technical foul.

Not every family has this. And you'll note the basketball playing Hamiltons are quite professional in getting to the next play.
Strange post, just a really weird post.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Strange post, just a really weird post.
Not really. Just a commentary on how all the Barry's are a pain in the ass. I played against Scooter quite a bit growing up and he was exactly the same way.

Reaction Score
Not strange at all, rather spot on.

As an FYI Rick Barry is one of the most obnoxious, arrogant guys still to this day. Heard him on FAN last week promoting a new sprained-ankle-resisitant sneaker. He was talking about how great he was the whole time. Some things never change - but the man could ball!!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The OP reads like it was translated from Chinese into English using Google Translate.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Im sensing a generation gap issue here. Half of us have no idea what all this is about (myself included).
Rick Barry is an NBA hall of famer who dominated the 70s. He was a Laetner type whiner. His sons were college and NBA players and were whiners. His youngest son plays for college of charleston and is a whiner. Do the younger guys really not know who John, Brett and Drew Barry are? I'll give them a pass on Scooter as he is two years older than my 46 year old ass.

Reaction Score
Rick Barry is an NBA hall of famer who dominated the 70s. He was a Laetner type whiner. His sons were college and NBA players and were whiners. His youngest son plays for college of charleston and is a whiner. Do the younger guys really not know who John, Brett and Drew Barry are? I'll give them a pass on Scooter as he is two years older than my 46 year old ass.
Shocking that the young guys don't have any knowledge of Barry, but when you think about it he's probably one of the least celebrated HOFers… Perhaps his sparkling personality hasn't helped his cause.

He was a great scorer back in the day, and much more than that…

Would have been a God had he played in New York.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shocking that the young guys don't have any knowledge of Barry, but when you think about it he's probably one of the least celebrated HOFers… Perhaps his sparkling personality hasn't helped his cause.

I agree. Barry was a pill, but I think he's underrated. He was great and led his team to a ring.

Reaction Score
The OP reads like it was translated from Chinese into English using Google Translate.

Let me just stalk you while you're posting drunk about 30% of the time.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Not strange at all, rather spot on.

As an FYI Rick Barry is one of the most obnoxious, arrogant guys still to this day. Heard him on FAN last week promoting a new sprained-ankle-resisitant sneaker. He was talking about how great he was the whole time. Some things never change - but the man could ball!!
Well, he was telling the truth a out himself.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So this is Rick's kid w/ his 2nd wife.

Did I see this Canyon kid shoot an underhanded FT (and miss)?
I was thinking "Hey the Cougars offered that kid from Hoosiers."

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, my favorite Rick Barry story was when Johnny Most (Celttics radio broadcaster) started his pre game show and just had "irate fans" swear at Barry as he walked into the Garden as a TV broadcaster. He either was still playing but had been eliminated or had just retired. The perception was his previous broadcast was anti Celtic. Johnny said he couldn't even attempt to talk over the enraged crowd. I never heard such language over the radio. I later found out Johnny had put some fans up to it.

Reaction Score
Brent Berry won the slam dunk competition like 20 years ago so it kind blows my mind if that is Rick Berry's kid instead of being his grandfather.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I know who Rick Barry is, but that was in incredibly weird post. The title, the-stream-of conscious flow. The odd punctuation. Everything. I think Pudge was possessed by Chap for a minute. Or he was drunk.

Reaction Score
Drunk with some good UConn Hoop wins at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom