The Incomparable Aaliyah Edwards (Win Shares) | The Boneyard

The Incomparable Aaliyah Edwards (Win Shares)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Updated NCAA Win Shares Calculation
Breaking down the changes to our NCAA win shares calculation and how we have customized the formula's assumptions to the women's game
Adam Vachon and Aaron Barzilai (Her Hoop Stats)
March 8, 2023
Updated NCAA Win Shares Calculation
Capture - TDD.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here you go - I read the article this am.

"NCAA win shares, a statistic that estimates the total number of wins a player produces for their team through their play on the offensive and defensive ends of the court. In other words, win shares divide up credit for a team’s wins. If you add up the win shares for each player on a team, theoretically, the sum should be equal (or at least reasonably close) to a team’s win total."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One thing win shares doesn't do is take into account opposition which is rather obvious. But I like the stat otherwise.

Reaction Score
Paige won NPOY two years ago over Clark (whose scoring assists rebounds were slightly better) largely because of stats like this, where she excelled. In effect, this says how valuable you are to your team.

It’s also a double edged sword if you use it as a measure of a team’s balance. To me, anything over 8 is a warning sign. Villanova relies too much on Maddy, Iowa on Clark, LSU on Reese. As Geno is fond of saying, if you have a player like that on your team, you always have a chance to win. But it also may represent a ceiling for your team, as it did for us two years ago, and as it could well for Villanova LSU and Iowa this year.

Reaction Score
Paige won NPOY two years ago over Clark (whose scoring assists rebounds were slightly better) largely because of stats like this, where she excelled. In effect, this says how valuable you are to your team.

It’s also a double edged sword if you use it as a measure of a team’s balance. To me, anything over 8 is a warning sign. Villanova relies too much on Maddy, Iowa on Clark, LSU on Reese. As Geno is fond of saying, if you have a player like that on your team, you always have a chance to win. But it also may represent a ceiling for your team, as it did for us two years ago, and as it could well for Villanova LSU and Iowa this year.
So what you want is four to six players between 5.0 and 7.0. I wonder what it looked like in 2010-2011 when Charles graduated and the team was perhaps too reliant on Maya Moore.

Reaction Score

And Geno pushed for her, like he never did for Tina Charles, I think

Reaction Score
That's why I voted Aaliyah team MVP. Especially given how she performed against the ranked teams. And I think her defense has really improved. Ask Siegrist.

Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of this stat. I think it is weighted to reward an individual who is on a weaker team. I personally think AE is one of the best players in the country, maybe the best at her position. If UCONN was at full strength her name wouldn't be on this list because her stats would be watered down by all the other stars on the team. It wouldn't change the fact that she is amazing and does so while guarding the best player on the other team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom