The hardest jobs in college football: Coaches, ADs and agents on Miami, Vanderbilt, Kansas, UMass, Michigan and more (The Athletic) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The hardest jobs in college football: Coaches, ADs and agents on Miami, Vanderbilt, Kansas, UMass, Michigan and more (The Athletic)

Reaction Score
You betcha. Said he would support it. Wanted it. The Speaker of the House came on board. That idea had ZERO traction until Malloy pushed hard for it and got it done.
I don’t mean pressure UConn, I mean tell UConn what to do. If the governor can really do that, it makes having a pro-sports governor far more important. I presumed the president and the board made those decisions.

Reaction Score
I don’t mean pressure UConn, I mean tell UConn what to do. If the governor can really do that, it makes having a pro-sports governor far more important. I presumed the president and the board made those decisions.
If the Governor and the Legislature are all lined up, anything can be accomplished. Especially in years when there are budget surpluses. Including resurrecting a football program. It all comes down to money. As you already know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys, this wasn’t Nichole Auerbach’s or David Ubben’s opinion. It’s informative in that it shows how bad the perception of the program has become. It’s also a good reminder of a) how dumb a lot of football people are (see the stupid NE recruiting comment) and b) college football people tend to be vindictive of schools that clearly choose basketball.

Ultimately, this doesn’t matter; it’s up to AD Dave to sell the pluses of the program to potential hires and their agents
How many people did they ask? Who did they ask? We don’t know the answers to those questions, and the answers to those questions are critical for understanding how reliable the article is.

Reaction Score
One of the few good parts of the Athletic is that you can downvote the articles. You know what to do.

Reaction Score
Can the governor even do that? Seems suspect.
A governor has a huge amount of power and influence. In many ways much more than a President for lots of historical reasons. Let me ask you this. If you were the AD or President of UConn and you got a call from the Governor telling you he was about to make the announcement what would you do? You’d say “Yes Governor.” Or you’d say “Can I use you as a reference in my job hunt.” UConn is many things, but among those things is a state agency.

Reaction Score
Said this in the game chat. Their production and announcing teams are better than any ESPN game we had over the last couple of years. If we can become decent/good i have a feeling that we can develop a good relationship.
Ross Tucker has done color commentary for a couple games this year and has done a really good job. He has been really informative calling out what he likes and doesn't like without bashing on the program and it's existence.

He seems to know the roster well abe really does his homework. I hope he continues calling UConn games.

Reaction Score
Ross Tucker has done color commentary for a couple games this year and has done a really good job. He has been really informative calling out what he likes and doesn't like without bashing on the program and it's existence.

He seems to know the roster well abe really does his homework. I hope he continues calling UConn games.
Agreed. Ross does a great job calling games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom