The Gaff Reverse | The Boneyard

The Gaff Reverse

Reaction Score
That might be the most impressive shot I've seen this year, switching hands in mid-air is no joke. Anyone have a video clip?

Reaction Score
Of all the freshman, Bouknight has received the most love. And rightfully so. But the trio of Bouk, Gaffney and Akok are really a nice recruiting class. Very underrated nationally.

Hopefully Akok returns somewhere near 100% next year.

Reaction Score
It wasn't the reverse that was unusual. It was that he switched hands. He does it so seamlessly you hardly notice.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It wasn't the reverse that was unusual. It was that he switched hands. He does it so seamlessly you hardly notice.
It happens when you’re just playing and you’re confident with what you’re doing. It comes second nature. He probably doesn’t attempt that or the layup earlier this season

Reaction Score
Gaff could be our first really good pass first PG in a long time. He should watch some Marcus Williams Highlights
He’s been such a nice stabilizing force because he just really avoids bad decisions most of the time. He’s been instrumental in putting Bouk, Vital, and Whaley in good spots for them to score recently.

Reaction Score
His high school highlights are filled with crazy athletic in-game dunks.

Reaction Score
Have liked Gaff all year. He has a poise that fits the position he plays.PG
Let's the game come to him. From my seat he seems to have the ultimate respect from his teammates. Being a freshman this is what a team leader is all about.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He’s been such a nice stabilizing force because he just really avoids bad decisions most of the time. He’s been instrumental in putting Bouk, Vital, and Whaley in good spots for them to score recently.

An added benefit of being a "game manager" means he rarely over penetrates creating an imbalanced offense and giving opponents big fast break numbers. That had always been the double ended backside of AG's turnovers in the paint. Left the top of the key exposed.

Reaction Score
An added benefit of being a "game manager" means he rarely over penetrates creating an imbalanced offense and giving opponents big fast break numbers. That had always been the double ended backside of AG's turnovers in the paint. Left the top of the key exposed.

What I think we're missing though is he can't penetrate vs a good defensive guard very often. I like all the confidence in the kid and hope he's going to be as good as everyone believes I really do I like him, see some good things. Like his size and even like his stroke although not enough is going in for now. He was exposed by the guards he defended last night a few times. For me he's a real nice first guard off the bench for a team that wants more (that of course depends on who we add to the roster) but hope he has a great summer to make me change my mind.

I will say this, the pass first AG we saw last night was really good. If he played like that all year we'd have 3 more wins at least. No clue what made him be the over penetrating guy he was most of the year but he looks nice coming off the bench. He was very good last night should've had 4-5 more assists if people finished. But his ability to defend and also get to wherever he wants is huge when he thinks pass first. Only wish he could bottle that one and bring it back a few games because the bubble would be nice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gaff could be our first really good pass first PG in a long time. He should watch some Marcus Williams Highlights
I agree Gaff could be and expect him to be a really good passing point guard in the near future.

That said, Williams had something that can't be taught. If guys kept moving, he'd anticipate exactly when they would be open. He was one of my favorite huskies to watch (even with the steal and airball layup game).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom