The freshmen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The freshmen

Reaction Score
An extraordinary game for a freshman. Considering Geno doesn't like to let freshman start but, now we see why. A break-out game by her.

I don’t see it as Geno doesn’t like to start freshmen. He has started a number of them. I view it as Grno does not like to start those who do not understand the system and how they fit into. Of course this means freshmen have a disadvantage because of their lack of experience in his system but if they prove they understand they get playing time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don’t see it as Geno doesn’t like to start freshmen. He has started a number of them. I view it as Grno does not like to start those who do not understand the system and how they fit into. Of course this means freshmen have a disadvantage because of their lack of experience in his system but if they prove they understand they get playing time.
He prefers not to start them, always has. He doesn't usually like to put pressure on the players too early in their career. This year he had no choice.

Reaction Score
I’m a huge Geno fan also. Did you see the HBO series?
In recent year I could not be considered a Geno fan. I had issues with some of the ways he interacted with those in his charge.
This year ,from the beginning he has said and acted more positively with this team, at least in public. I am more than pleased to see him coaching the Sophs and Frosh as they come off the floor and often when they are pulled for a mistake; they are again in the game quickly. No one is lounging on his bench as a doghouse, they are there for injuries. \
I have always been aware of his strategic successes. The manipulation of ND with unexpected offensive attacking game plan was pure Geno and him at his best.
Should he scream at CW or ONO or Coombs as they depart the floor--I shall again damn
his performance.

Reaction Score
Megan was steady and worked her behind off underneath. Very, very solid game. Some good jumpers as well -- strong overall effort !
What U Saw of Megan Walker in the ND game and the previous game was Megan Walker as she was in High School. Her added muscle and energy is a big plus. When Megan plays as Megan there are few who will stop her.
Amazing trio of young kids. Geno may not have hit a Jackpot but TODAY I doubt there is another player in the WCBB for whom he would trade any of those 3 .

Reaction Score
As Bob Hope use to say”Thanks for the memories”. Both freshman stepped up their game and Liv has earned additional minutes to improve some more. Liv looked more in control than previous games. Definitely provided some exciting play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Should he scream at CW or ONO or Coombs as they depart the floor--I shall again damn
his performance.
Well I guess you can revert to your "I'm better than Geno" because he already has got on Williams a couple times.

Reaction Score
Well I guess you can revert to your "I'm better than Geno" because he already has got on Williams a couple times.

Being better than Geno is easy, being a better coach not so easy.
Better is subjective..
I'm not sure of what you mean by "getting on her" --if he teaches that's positive; if he screeches with foul language--I can be better than that ANY day !#$#@$%#@!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Being better than Geno is easy, being a better coach not so easy.
Better is subjective..
I'm not sure of what you mean by "getting on her" --if he teaches that's positive; if he screeches with foul language--I can be better than that ANY day !#$#@$%#@!!
Watch your profanity. Teenagers are watching.

Reaction Score
the things about each of our freshmen, is that:
1) you can't coach speed (Chrystin has lightning in a bottle)
2) You can't coach height. Liv has long arms to go with her height, and neither appear to have a problem coming up big in big games...
Both of these assets will serve them well, when they hit the inevitable "freshman wall".

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
WCBB - let us introduce you to Chrystin Williams - aka "Squeaks." Ignore her on the court at your peril. She is not just any freshman. She is The Legend!

And while we're at it, remember the name Olivia Nelson-Ododa. She's a 6' 4" freshman post who is going to leave her imprint on the game.
And frequently, the ball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
the things about each of our freshmen, is that:
1) you can't coach speed (Chrystin has lightning in a bottle)
2) You can't coach height. Liv has long arms to go with her height, and neither appear to have a problem coming up big in big games...
Both of these assets will serve them well, when they hit the inevitable "freshman wall".
True, but after the inevitable freshman wall comes a sophomore leap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom