The first four minutes of the second half put almost gave the game away | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The first four minutes of the second half put almost gave the game away

Reaction Score
I'll tell you mine - enjoy anything positive - even in a loss. As a fan, I support my team and players no matter what. They play for UConn and love the program as much as me. They all work hard and want what we want - to be successful. Why rip them? They are kids playing a game that I love watching. They are human and doing the best they can.
Do I like when they lose? No - but no blame to a bunch of kids. Been my attitude for 40+ years.
I really don't understand or agree with this perspective. Even after I would win or play really good and score a lot of my points my father would always point out to what I could have done better. My coaches would too. Why can't you be both positive and enjoy the win but also critical of what they can do better as a team or individually?

Yes we aren't their coaches or their parents etc, but the idea that we can't be both proud of them and critical of them is absurd to me. Unless you are posting for "likes" and attention, I am here to discuss the entirety of the game. Positive and Negative. I'm not just here for the "rah rah go team" stuff.

You have your perspective but I think you should stop judging or criticizing those who criticize the players and instead just do your thing and let us do ours. It's that simple.

This isn't some moral contest. This is a discussion board, where we discuss the good the bad and the ugly of Uconn Basketball. As they say if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen, or block us I guess.

And before you get on me for getting on you, you seem to be the only one virtue signaling here and calling out other people morally for their posts. If I continue to see such conceited behavior I might just block you too bc I think its a fake internet persona that makes you feel good about yourself for some reason.

Reaction Score
Holy ____ I think we have a ways to go before we run the risk of "ignoring the negatives." Are you kidding?
The post I was responding to was saying a win is a win and nobody on the board should complain after. That sounds like a pretty boring board to me. So no I'm not kidding

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yes. But the margin was much more slim than it had to be. Josh was awful early in the 2nd half and shouldn’t have been on the floor. Yes we needed him later and he was serviceable. But let’s not lose sight of the fact that we wouldn’t have needed OT if DH has a quicker hook for Josh early in the half.
wait, what? march 11, 2016 was the last time that we beat them - 8 straight losses, by an average of 12 points per. take that 'margerine' and spread it on your head because your brain is toast. stay in school, don't do drugs.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand or agree with this perspective. Even after I would win or play really good and score a lot of my points my father would always point out to what I could have done better. My coaches would too. Why can't you be both positive and enjoy the win but also critical of what they can do better as a team or individually?

Yes we aren't their coaches or their parents etc, but the idea that we can't be both proud of them and critical of them is absurd to me. Unless you are posting for "likes" and attention, I am here to discuss the entirety of the game. Positive and Negative. I'm not just here for the "rah rah go team" stuff.

You have your perspective but I think you should stop judging or criticizing those who criticize the players and instead just do your thing and let us do ours. It's that simple.

This isn't some moral contest. This is a discussion board, where we discuss the good the bad and the ugly of Uconn Basketball. As they say if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen, or block us I guess.

And before you get on me for getting on you, you seem to be the only one virtue signaling here and calling out other people morally for their posts. If I continue to see such conceited behavior I might just block you too bc I think its a fake internet persona that makes you feel good about yourself for some reason.
Pointing out what they did wrong is fine - but many times people go over the top with their criticism

Reaction Score

BTW - not a fake persona - just who I am so block me if you dont like it I could care less. Seems you're the one uncomfortable with a differing opinion. I'm not judging just stating my opinions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom