The First Drive 3rd Down Run for First Down, Which It Turns Out It Wasn't. Or Was It? | The Boneyard

The First Drive 3rd Down Run for First Down, Which It Turns Out It Wasn't. Or Was It?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, first series when Edwards ran right, it sure looked like he easily made it past the marker. Refs marked it short and UConn literally got tripped up on 4th and 1. The play was ran towards the UConn bench and no one from the players to the coaches seemed to put up much of a fight on the ball spot. TV replays had nothing showing the side of the field of the run.

Question is, how bad of a spot was it? And if so, why didn't anyone from UConn challenge the spot?

Reaction Score
So, first series when Edwards ran right, it sure looked like he easily made it past the marker. Refs marked it short and UConn literally got tripped up on 4th and 1. The play was ran towards the UConn bench and no one from the players to the coaches seemed to put up much of a fight on the ball spot. TV replays had nothing showing the side of the field of the run.

Question is, how bad of a spot was it? And if so, why didn't anyone from UConn challenge the spot?

The spot was off by a yard and a half. On TV it was pretty clear. That crew should never work again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My entire section lost our collective minds after that spot. I've read on the BY that this was a highly rated officiating crew who had done last year's championship game. But nothing yesterday made me feel any "highly rated" performance...

Reaction Score
My entire section lost our collective minds after that spot. I've read on the BY that this was a highly rated officiating crew who had done last year's championship game. But nothing yesterday made me feel any "highly rated" performance...

A football championship game?

Reaction Score
The refs made a number of bad calls - that one was hard to believe.

But I think it cut both ways - we were spared one when the ball hit off our punt return team.

There was one ref that called a illegal block on key 3rd down and she was curiously talked out of it by the other 2 oofs…

Replay showed she was 100% correct in her call.

Refs were bad but neither team IMO gained any advantage as equally bad.

Reaction Score

He ran towards where I was standing and I thought he had the first down easily.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
IMHO, that call set the tone for the game - first indication that it might be a struggle and a gift of a pulse to Temple...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom