The Fieldhouse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Fieldhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yes em sir bpalm

fieldhouse hosted holy cross to zero fans and UCONN lost something like 110-101; must have been a heck of a game that no fan saw

this was probably '71

no fans were cleared from arena

no fans were ever allowed into hugh s. greer fieldhouse that day

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We had season tickets from about my age 9 to 14…great experience…used to go down and watch the official scorer total up the book after the game. We used to be able to walk right by the end of the court while the players were warming up…not nearly the degree of separation that it feels like nowadays.

Ran my fastest 1500 m there as a UConn frosh, 4:19. :)

Reaction Score
How many of you remember games in the Fieldhouse? Unfortunately I was there during the latter years of the Perno career, when we were getting mopped by the likes of Nova, Gtown, and the Johnnies, but I do have fond memories of the crazy atmosphere, the 90 degree heat, 4000 plus fans stomping on the wooden bleachers and Earl Kelley jacking shots from anywhere over half court.

It was a blast. Remember going with my dad and thinking what a huge venue this was, they were pro's to me as a young kid. The Staak, Boyd, Chapman, days I remember well but went to a couple of games when I was real young and saw Wes and Corley but only faint memories. Best game I saw there was the 88 VCU NIT game, place was whacked and I was all grown up sitting right under the basket in the front row. Love that game - great memories. By the way, Earl Kelley had the green light to jack them up form anywhere but for good reason! LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was a great palce to see a game. The dust from the rafters was always like "WTF?" and then once you realized what was happening people just got louder. Good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom