The elbow to Bouknight's head. | The Boneyard

The elbow to Bouknight's head.

Reaction Score
We all saw it because the replay showed the intentional elbow to Bouk's head as he ran down the court.

But here's what I wonder. Did any of the refs see it? If they did, it should have been a flagrant foul and we should have shot foul shots and gotten the ball. Did they ignore it? Did Hurley see it? Did anyone in the UConn press corps see it? If they did, why did none of the gutless wonders ask about it after the game?

Finally, did Bouknight tell Hurley he was elbowed in the head? Because if Bouknight gets intentionally elbowed in the head he has to tell the coach and the coach needs to tell the refs to go to the monitor.

This sort of thing becomes trivial because the game was a blow out. But intentional elbows to the head are NOT trivial, they have the potential to be catastrophic, yet no one seems interested.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the refs saw cause it wasn’t called. I am assuming Bouk said something to the kid after and the refs heard and that’s when the double technical was called. This is a case where I wish they could look back after the game and give the kid some type of warning. If the refs saw he would have at least gotten a flagrant 1 and possibly even ejected and he just completely got away with unnecessary contact to someone’s head. As to why they didn’t look on the monitor during the game, i have absolutely no clue. Instead, they decided to issue a technical on Bile for elbowing someone in the head and a tech on Bouk for being elbowed in the head (?)

Edit: I forget where I saw this (either the BY or twitter) but someone did say that Bouknight was telling Hurley that Bile did that to him multiple times throughout the game. If that’s the case, I don’t know why nothing was done about it. Just completely unnecessary content.

Reaction Score
I saw he and DH talking and fist bumping and I think it was a DH teaching moment of “look man, you’re clearly in a class above these clowns, and get used to it, these losers will do what they can when they can to get in your head”

Reaction Score
There was a technical called on the hit.
Sweetie that’s not how technicals are called

if appropriately called, it would qualify for a flagrant, outside of the ruling for technicals

Reaction Score
Straight forward if the refs saw it they would have ejected him. Certain things fly, intentional elbows to the head aren’t one of them. That was clearly a “we have no way of winning this game so I’m taking one of them down with us” moment.

IMO Bile should be suspended from the Big East Tournament, or at least the opening game.

Reaction Score
Straight forward if the refs saw it they would have ejected him. Certain things fly, intentional elbows to the head aren’t one of them. That was clearly a “we have no way of winning this game so I’m taking one of them down with us” moment.

IMO Bile should be suspended from the Big East Tournament, or at least the opening game.
Seriously what happened to this? Going back and looking at questionable contact and retroactively disciplining people

Would be a good lesson for the kid and the team Ewing is allegedly trying to build

Reaction Score

Especially when the ball wasn’t in play. If you elbow someone while playing like that it could be a flagrant 1, but just during a dead ball running up the court I really think it would have been a 2.

I don’t think in college ball they ever look back and review after the game, at least not that i’ve ever heard of, but I was wishing they would cause that was a cheap shot for no reason.

Reaction Score
Seriously what happened to this? Going back and looking at questionable contact and retroactively disciplining people

Would be a good lesson for the kid and the team Ewing is allegedly trying to build
They do it in the NFL. How many guys get fines for late hits, unnecessary roughness etc... each week. A college kid throwing an obviously intentional elbow to the face of another teams best player (Top 10 pick in the draft good) should get noticed and draw some sort of discipline. Different world than I grew up in...

Reaction Score
Especially when the ball wasn’t in play. If you elbow someone while playing like that it could be a flagrant 1, but just during a dead ball running up the court I really think it would have been a 2.

I don’t think in college ball they ever look back and review after the game, at least not that i’ve ever heard of, but I was wishing they would cause that was a cheap shot for no reason.
Bile was made cause he couldn’t guard bouk he was gettin that A** bust

Reaction Score
I totally missed this play, didn't they both get technicals. What was Bouknight's tech for?
Refs seeing him jawing and not considering HMMMM WHY ARE THEY SUDDENLY TALKING TO EACH OTHER

Refs may be less bad in the BE vs the AAC but they’re still college refs for a reason

Reaction Score
I thought the Rod Sellers elbow to Laetner was not called during the game but was an action taken reviewing the game film. Am I wrong on that?

Reaction Score
When was the elbow? I missed it and want to see on the replay

Reaction Score
I only saw the replay once and it didn't seem very hard, but there was contact nevertheless.

This is the moment when some like Edmund Saunders or Jeff Adrien or Ed Nelson steps in to adjudicate. Not sure if Carlton has it in him.

Reaction Score
When was the elbow? I missed it and want to see on the replay
10:41 of the second half, they showed a replay on the broadcast too so just watch around that time

Reaction Score
The thing is that a double tech is not the right call if the elbow was part of it. So there was "no call" for the elbow, even though a double tech followed shortly thereafter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom