The elbow to Bouknight's head. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The elbow to Bouknight's head.

Reaction Score
Here it is in gif format. Pretty blatant

Yeah it’s not necessarily the hardest hit i’ve ever seen but that doesn’t matter. it’s unnecessary contact and it’s certainly not a basketball play. That should have been a flagrant 2. Especially at someone’s face/head when the ball wasn’t even in play.

Reaction Score
Straight forward if the refs saw it they would have ejected him. Certain things fly, intentional elbows to the head aren’t one of them. That was clearly a “we have no way of winning this game so I’m taking one of them down with us” moment.

IMO Bile should be suspended from the Big East Tournament, or at least the opening game.
Good post! This can’t go unaddressed by Big East officials, either during the game or after. Bile should be suspended.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Sadly they would’ve reviewed it if he flopped. Being tough and literally taking it on the chin and going down court did him no favors.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not necessarily the hardest hit i’ve ever seen but that doesn’t matter. it’s unnecessary contact and it’s certainly not a basketball play. That should have been a flagrant 2. Especially at someone’s face/head when the ball wasn’t even in play.
Tripping someone in the half court (debatably intentional) warrants a flagrant 1, see Grayson Allen

What does a deliberate elbow to the chin behind play warrant?

Reaction Score
I trust our people here on Twitter are adequately harassing the big east

Reaction Score
Tripping someone in the half court (debatably intentional) warrants a flagrant 1, see Grayson Allen

What does a deliberate elbow to the chin behind play warrant?
You would think at least a trip to the monitor, but hey, what do I know. Bouknight got a tech cause he should know better than to be elbowed in the head lmao.

Reaction Score
You would think at least a trip to the monitor, but hey, what do I know. Bouknight got a tech cause he should know better than to be elbowed in the head lmao.
Maybe go straight to the official than wasting your breath on some no-name lol maybe he learned that lesson

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I don’t think the refs saw cause it wasn’t called. I am assuming Bouk said something to the kid after and the refs heard and that’s when the double technical was called. This is a case where I wish they could look back after the game and give the kid some type of warning. If the refs saw he would have at least gotten a flagrant 1 and possibly even ejected and he just completely got away with unnecessary contact to someone’s head. As to why they didn’t look on the monitor during the game, i have absolutely no clue. Instead, they decided to issue a technical on Bile for elbowing someone in the head and a tech on Bouk for being elbowed in the head (?)

Edit: I forget where I saw this (either the BY or twitter) but someone did say that Bouknight was telling Hurley that Bile did that to him multiple times throughout the game. If that’s the case, I don’t know why nothing was done about it. Just completely unnecessary content.
Did anyone else hear the audio” that’s the second time he did that ship!”
I’m assuming it was Bouknight talking to Hurley.

Reaction Score
I totally missed that. The first time it happened definitely wasn’t shown on TV or talked about by the announcers at all. Should have been ejected from the game.

Reaction Score
I absolutely heard that in the moment

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
IMO Bile should be suspended from the Big East Tournament, or at least the opening game.
If the Big East enforcement people don’t suspend Bile ... it’ll be just like being in the AAC again.

Seriously, though, this is college hoop not MMA. There’s no place for that, and a suspension is absolutely warranted. Do we know if it’s under review in the league offices? Or maybe that wouldn’t happen until Monday?

Reaction Score
Seriously what happened to this? Going back and looking at questionable contact and retroactively disciplining people

Would be a good lesson for the kid and the team Ewing is allegedly trying to build
I remember a time when that happened ... that someone was suspended in the next year's NCAA tournamen...let's see who could that have been

Reaction Score
I remember a time when that happened ... that someone was suspended in the next year's NCAA tournamen...let's see who could that have been

I may get hanged for this, but I don't know why we seem to almost unanimously celebrate this play. That was about as dirty as it gets. If an opposing player did that we'd call for a lifetime basketball ban.

Reaction Score
I may get hanged for this, but I don't know why we seem to almost unanimously celebrate this play. That was about as dirty as it gets. If an opposing player did that we'd call for a lifetime basketball ban.
For the most part I agree but Laettner was one of the dirtiest players there was at the time and always got away with it. I don't condone what Rod did, but I also don't condone how CBS replayed the tape until the NCAA needed to act by suspending him from the next year's tournament, esp knowing that they only did it because it was Laettner and Duke.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We celebrate it because every single person on the planet wanted to do the exact same thing to Laettner.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I don't disagree if it was just out of nowhere, but I believe it was on @gwhuskyfan's podcast (sporler alert!) where he said Laettner had elbowed him a couple of times pretty good earlier in the game. While two wrongs don't make a right, giving a bully a taste of his own medicine on occasion is okay in my book.

Reaction Score
We all saw it because the replay showed the intentional elbow to Bouk's head as he ran down the court.

But here's what I wonder. Did any of the refs see it? If they did, it should have been a flagrant foul and we should have shot foul shots and gotten the ball. Did they ignore it? Did Hurley see it? Did anyone in the UConn press corps see it? If they did, why did none of the gutless wonders ask about it after the game?

Finally, did Bouknight tell Hurley he was elbowed in the head? Because if Bouknight gets intentionally elbowed in the head he has to tell the coach and the coach needs to tell the refs to go to the monitor.

This sort of thing becomes trivial because the game was a blow out. But intentional elbows to the head are NOT trivial, they have the potential to be catastrophic, yet no one seems interested.
Remember Al Gilbert and what Temple did to his season last year.
I was there and we better better be alert for it again.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't disagree if it was just out of nowhere, but I believe it was on @gwhuskyfan's podcast (sporler alert!) where he said Laettner had elbowed him a couple of times pretty good earlier in the game. While two wrongs don't make a right, giving a bully a taste of his own medicine on occasion is okay in my book.
I thought Laetnner had also stomped on someone’s chest while the player was down on the floor at some point?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I thought Laetnner had also stomped on someone’s chest while the player was down on the floor at some point?
Yep versus Kentucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom