The easy answer to the Heat's point guard question: Shabazz Napier | The Boneyard

The easy answer to the Heat's point guard question: Shabazz Napier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really don't think Napier needs to start. Let him observe and jump start the team from the bench under little pressure. I'm sure sometime next year fans will be calling his name during games.

But he's in an ideal situation, where Miami's point guards are not elite, and the job is open. Come next year I see Napier taking their job at running the team from the start.

Reaction Score
we need a god damn napier thread. but him vs the warriors is entertaining. played decently defensively vs curry late 1st quarter. progressing, still. he's a hungry dude, i expect a nice trajectory for the upcoming season. can't wait #leaguepass

Reaction Score
that might be aaron kraft, regardless he was killing kraft all game off the bounce. DPOY my ass. Napier is straight up progressing at an alarming rate. his iq and work ethic are through the roof. just a better passer in all senses than cole/chalmers. chalmers is good shooter so maybe playing them together will be interesting. let napier create

Reaction Score
bazz currently giving bryce cotton the work.
Bazz got Ethan Skolnick changing his tune now after he was claiming he wasn't an NBA player

Reaction Score
Bazz got Ethan Skolnick changing his tune now after he was claiming he wasn't an NBA player
Basketball twitter enrages me specifically @talkhoops . They love narrative . Amin elhassan is excellent because of his creditentisls . Same with lowe. But there is a low other tier of nba twitter that's trash and follow the "what have you done for me lately mindset " . Attempt to be humorous but are hacks

Reaction Score
So Napier was incredible tonight . Vs spurs . Many clutch moments . He has faced off with Corey Joseph once back in the day as a frosh , outplayed him then too !

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
that might be aaron kraft, regardless he was killing kraft all game off the bounce. DPOY my ass. Napier is straight up progressing at an alarming rate. his iq and work ethic are through the roof. just a better passer in all senses than cole/chalmers. chalmers is good shooter so maybe playing them together will be interesting. let napier create

White boy hustle award that year.

Reaction Score
People down here want Bazz to succeed like you can't imagine. It certainly looks better for him now than it did after all the Lebron drama.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Love all the new guys and the talent, but we're going to miss him. Amazing ability to take over a game in such a quiet way. Shot, good, get back. Pass, easy basket, get back. Steal, lay in, get back. No stupid celebration or wasted energy after making a play, just make it and get back on defense. Hopefully Boat learned a lot there (though Boat is far more emotional than Bazz).

Reaction Score
I definitely think what Bazz has done in the games against the Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs is show what everyone in CT (and Lebron) already knew, the kid is just flat out a winner. He studies the game and he knows what it takes to get an edge as an undersized, reasonably average athlete. He's done what he did in CT that caused the fanbase to rally behind him even before the championship this year, he can just will a team to a comeback and win in the closing minutes.

It might not happen at the very start of the season but I think by the end, barring injuries he will be the Heat's main PG. Chalmers and Cole will still be getting minutes, but I think Bazz will have distanced himself as the "man" of the group of 3 guards. He just carries himself in a way that sets the tone for other guys on the team, Chalmers is always whining and complaining, Cole just acts like he's a god on the court (which he is not). Shabazz keeps a rapport with the refs, acts like a coach on the floor, plays with attitude, and wont be afraid to say something to Bosh if he sees something in the D.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I love the announcer proclamation after the made 3 pointer by Bazz. ShaBOOOMMMM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom