The Dunk Contest is back for First Night | The Boneyard

The Dunk Contest is back for First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/092915aab.html

This year first night will be unlike anything seen before as it takes on a “Glow-in-the-Dark” theme. The first 5,000 fans will receive special glow-in-the-dark sunglasses. Additional glow-in-the-dark giveaways will be distributed throughout the night. Fans are encouraged to wear neon and other glow in the dark items to the event.

This year’s show will once again be headlined by an inter-squad scrimmage with one team coached by head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma and the other coached by head men’s basketball coach Kevin Ollie. The night will feature a state of the art light show, 3-point shooting contest, dunk contest, performances by the Pep Band, prize giveaways and so much more.

Reaction Score
If possible I would love to see a UCONN (current players) v. Alumni themed First Night some time in the near future.

- So for the scrimmage it would be UCONN's starting 5 v. a starting 5 alumni composed of:

1) Kemba at the point
2) ray as a SG
3) Caron at the 3
4) Rudy as a PF
5) Drummond as a center

- The dunk contest would have 6 players, 3 of which would have to be alumni, most likely:

1) Boat
2) Drummond
3) Gay

or throw in Stanley

- 3 point contest have 2 alumni v. 2 current payers, the alumni being:

1) Ray (greatest 3 point shooter of all time)
2) Giffey (or even someone like BG or Rashad)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Video time

I always thought Lambs first dunk here was criminally underrated. Also it's hard to believe watching this again that Drummond wasn't more than a few weeks over the age of 18 when this took place, talk about a man-child.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Purvis, Adams, Larrier, and Miller are ones to watch, for sure.

Reaction Score
Wow, I did not realize how athletic Larrier was, watched a VCU video of him and it was lots of outside shots. But his high school vids are all crazy dunks. I still got my money on Jalen Adams, that kid is an athelete, I saw him play. Makes things look easy. That dunk contest with Drummond against Boat is crazy, both freshman. The Manchild against the average looking dude with a 45 inch vert. That 360 boat threw down is no joke for someone that height.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan's dunking (when not being defended) is underrated.

Reaction Score
Damn..if you didn't spend the 2 minutes watching the 2011 first night video, watch it. And yes, that 2011-2012 team had so much talent and athleticism. Just didn't gel together at all, in complete contrast to the 2014 team, but on paper, that 2012 team should have been nasty.

Reaction Score
this is adams show. he is going to do ridiculous things, like in between the legs as a guard. Most explosive guard since BG. Larrier will also impress imo, and so will miller. Purv + Enoch are darkhorses to show out. Lots of athletes on this roster man

Reaction Score
Purvis had the best in game dunk last year followed by Omar. I go with Adams though. Always go with the little guy in the dunk contest.

Reaction Score
Stewie will win the dunk contest.

She may actually be able to dunk a little rather than watching Maya Moore and Tina Charles try 10 times each to push it over the rim like a few years back - painful. I love the camaraderie deal and everything but it was much better when they were separate.

Reaction Score
She may actually be able to dunk a little rather than watching Maya Moore and Tina Charles try 10 times each to push it over the rim like a few years back - painful. I love the camaraderie deal and everything but it was much better when they were separate.

She dunks. Her arms are long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky