The downfall of USF Footblall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The downfall of USF Footblall

Reaction Score
I just hope they still suck next year when we play them. It is a mystery why that program bottomed out while UCF took off.
They haven't hired a good coach since Taggert. UCF had Frost, Heupel and Malzhan. Can't have the same success with Charlie Strong compared to thoze three

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Bad coaching hires usually lead to were USF is today. As UConn fans, we know this.

USF has to get serious and hire a quality coach. Someone who can bring in a competent coaching that truely understands how to relate to the players and utilize their talents, start using the portal to upgrade the team, get on the recruiting trail - there is plenty of talent in Florida.

Reaction Score
Everyone in Central Florida seems to be Univ of Florida fans. That’s interesting, since UCF is in the Orlando area. In looking at local papers, the kids in the high schools are more excited to play in the SEC. Kinda makes sense to me

I took a peek at the FSU roster to see where Florida State recruits came from...re Central Florida...26 players

Central Fl....Tampa, Kissimmee, Orlando, Plant City, St.Petersburg, Lakeland, Winter Park, Leesburg, New Port Richey, Titusville, Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando, Orlando, Winter Garden, Tampa, Tampa, Tampa, Daytona Beach, Ocilla, Ormand Beach, Ocala, Rockledge, Orlando, Orlando, Clearwater

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I took a peek at the FSU roster to see where Florida State recruits came from...re Central Florida...26 players

Central Fl....Tampa, Kissimmee, Orlando, Plant City, St.Petersburg, Lakeland, Winter Park, Leesburg, New Port Richey, Titusville, Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando, Orlando, Winter Garden, Tampa, Tampa, Tampa, Daytona Beach, Ocilla, Ormand Beach, Ocala, Rockledge, Orlando, Orlando, Clearwater
Ok. My point was that it seems to me, most people in the area seem to be UF fans. I didn’t say UF was basing its recruiting there.

Reaction Score
Ok. My point was that it seems to me, most people in the area seem to be UF fans. I didn’t say UF was basing its recruiting there.

I guess it is perspective...since there are no population centers within 100 miles of Tallahassee...FSU states that most of their football fans s come in from a two hour or more drive.

FSU fanbases are throughout Central Florida....of course, with Gainresville located around Ocala, Jacksonville...those are Gator hotspots...And, as the "old boy" of Florida universities, they do have a well developed base.

Reaction Score
In the southern half of Florida, it is fairly evenly split between FSU and UF fans. Central Florida is not far from Gainesville and it is more of the local flagship. UCF and USF don’t have anywhere near the fan bases of UF and FSU and you’ll never see them represented as much as the big 2 anywhere in the state.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess it is perspective...since there are no population centers within 100 miles of Tallahassee...FSU states that most of their football fans s come in from a two hour or more drive.

FSU fanbases are throughout Central Florida....of course, with Gainresville located around Ocala, Jacksonville...those are Gator hotspots...And, as the "old boy" of Florida universities, they do have a well developed base.
In the southern half of Florida, it is fairly evenly split between FSU and UF fans. Central Florida is not far from Gainesville and it is more of the local flagship. UCF and USF don’t have anywhere near the fan bases of UF and FSU and you’ll never see them represented as much as the big 2 anywhere in the state.

And none of you mention the U.

Reaction Score
Times are changing. For example, 40 years ago, FSU was double the enrollment of UCF and today UCF is double the enrollment of FSU. And, UCF didn't start playing FBS football until 1996. USF also has a larger enrollment than FSU. I'm not saying that UCF and USF will surpass FSU and Florida in football and fans, but over time, the UCF and USF football fan bases will grow in Florida given the number of students that are attending the schools.

Reaction Score
Times are changing. For example, 40 years ago, FSU was double the enrollment of UCF and today UCF is double the enrollment of FSU. And, UCF didn't start playing FBS football until 1996. USF also has a larger enrollment than FSU. I'm not saying that UCF and USF will surpass FSU and Florida in football and fans, but over time, the UCF and USF football fan bases will grow in Florida given the number of students that are attending the schools.
Its just an attitude thing. FSU and UF are flagships. They are different animals.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Is it hard to chew gum and walk?

6dcda7e01027b2b1742bbadd9278b813.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
USF has fired their head football coach. Jeff Scott's record since being hired in 2019 is 4 - 26 with an AAC record of 1 - 19.

Reaction Score
Miami is a regional thing...mainly fans in Dade County.

UF and FSU have a more dispersed fan population...

USF is also a fairly regional fanbase.

And UCF's base is almost exclusively central Florida...wirh the downtown University in Orlando and branches in Cocoa, Altamonte Springs, Daytona Beach, Ocala, Lake Mary, South Lake...and Valencia College East, West, and Kissimmee...it is inducive to local commuting students.

A different animal.

Reaction Score
53,815 of UCF's counted enrollment are online exclusively....

At University of Central Florida, 53,815 students have enrolled exclusively in online courses and 15,244 students have enrolled in some online courses out of total 71,881 students. In undergraduate schools, 60,811 students take at least one online course and in graduate schools, 8,248 students are attending some online courses.

Reaction Score
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wish we could play USF regularly.

We're both East Coast state schools and I feel like almost everyone in CT has ties to Florida. While not a traditional Big East rival, I feel like the schools have a lot in common.

I get being an indy for football makes it tough. For hoops, the BE move has clearly been great, but again, I and some other fans I've talked to feel way more connected to USF or even Temple (similar sized public school less than 4 hours away) than the latter addition BE Midwest schools (Depaul, Creighton, Butler) we play.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

We're both East Coast state schools and I feel like almost everyone in CT has ties to Florida. While not a traditional Big East rival, I feel like the schools have a lot in common.

I get being an indy for football makes it tough. For hoops, the BE move has clearly been great, but again, I and some other fans I've talked to feel way more connected to USF or even Temple (similar sized public school less than 4 hours away) than the latter addition BE Midwest schools (Depaul, Creighton, Butler) we play.

Agree. Doesn't have to be USF....but having games scheduled with Florida schools is good for recruiting and the fan base.

Reaction Score
Listening to Full Ride this morning, they were saying USF hasn’t invested enough into the program compared to UCF. Reminded me of the recent Jim Mora statement.

Reaction Score

I think that's a more popular opinion than you think. USF has history with UConn through the Big East and ACC. They have a decent women's basketball team so it would be pretty good idea to schedule both women's bball and football to get some good OOC bbgames and a consistent team to get on the football schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom