The downfall of USF Footblall | The Boneyard

The downfall of USF Footblall

Reaction Score
No offense, but we are not a program to be spotlighting any other program’s struggles or speculating about downgrading programs. My only complaint about our fans is sometimes we get a little success and then get ahead of ourselves.

Reaction Score
No offense, but we are not a program to be spotlighting any other program’s struggles or speculating about downgrading programs. My only complaint about our fans is sometimes we get a little success and then get ahead of ourselves.

No offense. But you missed the point entirely.

Reaction Score
For what they were, it should be nearly impossible to be that bad in a state overflowing with talent. But we damn sure are not the ones to call someone out.

Reaction Score
That is good to know....it was kind of a stretch as any discussion of us canceling football is old news.

Maybe time to talk about the biggest game in many years coming up this week? just saying’

Reaction Score
Is it ok to talk about more than one thing at
I really didn’t wanna go here but can I remind you that on Friday we were outgained on Offense by the worst team in division 1 football.

I love our huskies but it’s way too early be snarky.

Let’s keep our cool and hope for best.

Reaction Score
I really didn’t wanna go here but can I remind you that on Friday we were outgained on Offense by the worst team in division 1 football.

I love our huskies but it’s way too early be snarky.

Let’s keep our cool and hope for best.

Do you suck at multitasking too? Is it hard to chew gum and walk?

Reaction Score
I just hope they still suck next year when we play them. It is a mystery why that program bottomed out while UCF took off.

They are sneaky bad. I knew they weren’t good but had no idea they were that bad.

It looks like they just need the right coach. Hopefully they give the current guy more time.

Reaction Score
For what they were, it should be nearly impossible to be that bad in a state overflowing with talent. But we damn sure are not the ones to call someone out.

Everyone says that but every college football team in America recruits Floriduh.

This why Miami is no longer and never will be the U again. They had almost exclusive access to an untapped resource Dade and Broward County. Not anymore.

Reaction Score
I just hope they still suck next year when we play them. It is a mystery why that program bottomed out while UCF took off.
Could be due in part to the fact that UCF has dominated the head-to-head series over the last 5 years including a couple of blowouts. Recruits may be gravitatuing more towards UCF in recent years. Im sure there are other reasons too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UCF is such a scummy outfit there was no doubt they would prevail.

Reaction Score
I don’t
Everyone says that but every college football team in America recruits Floriduh.

This why Miami is no longer and never will be the U again. They had almost exclusive access to an untapped resource Dade and Broward County. Not anymore.
Yes and There are more Florida schools recruiting too. So the depth guys aren’t there either…those guys who will probably never start but you can get by for a game or two with them as 2nd on the depth chart. Now they go the FAU or FIU.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I don't know about that. Cristobal can recruit...and a lot of alumni with cash.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
USF and UCF are an interesting comparison.

UCF is bigger enrollment and makes sports a priority.

USF is a large school but has emphasized academics over athletics.

USF has a better overall academic profile but has a dumpster fire of an athletics program. Across the board for men's or women's sports they suck.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Not really, there have been for the moment supplanted by UCF as the preferred non-P5 FL program. If you are a FL kid looking to stay home and don't think you can/will get a fair shake at UF/UM/FSU, you go to one or the other and my guess is that the better of those recruits move en masse.

Reaction Score
The difference between UCF and USF has been primarily the hiring of ADs and coaches. UCF hit a home fun when they hired Danny White from Buffalo who then hired Scott Frost and Josh Heupel. He also hired Johnny Dawkins. USF made a bad football hire in Jeff Scott in 2020 and he is 4-26 since he was hired. Skip Holtz was kind of an uninspiring hire in 2010, but Willie Taggart turned it around and he had USF ranked at 19 and 11-2 his last year in 2016. Charlie Strong had them 10-2 in 2017 and ranked 21.

USF football can be turned around very quickly with a new coach given the local recruits and the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
I blame it on their logo. Is it a bull? A "U?" A U with horns? What the heck is it. Just draw up a bull of some type like Buffalo did.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Everyone in Central Florida seems to be Univ of Florida fans. That’s interesting, since UCF is in the Orlando area. In looking at local papers, the kids in the high schools are more excited to play in the SEC. Kinda makes sense to me

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Cristobal can recruit...and a lot of alumni with cash.

LOL. Gimme a break.

They should shorten the games so that he can spend more time recruiting.

Because he can’t coach.

Reaction Score
Everyone in Central Florida seems to be Univ of Florida fans. That’s interesting, since UCF is in the Orlando area. In looking at local papers, the kids in the high schools are more excited to play in the SEC. Kinda makes sense to me

Florida is the recruiting salad bar for the nation. Everyone is competing there. The top four programs in the nation are all going after the same kids.

If you aren’t recruiting those kids and getting a share of them then you have no shot at being a NC.

Miami isn’t even close to that conversation.

And almost anyone in the nation can pull the kids USF can get out of their home state.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom