The Dairy Bar is NOT on fire...it is still standing and open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Dairy Bar is NOT on fire...it is still standing and open

Reaction Score
I joined in 1982 after passing the EMT course and was with Eagleville till Dec 1985 when I left to join the Navy. Ted Morrisette and Chuck Larson were my high school classmates. Eagleville used to have a rule that you stayed a member as long as you are on active duty. So, if Eagleville FD was still around I could have been on their books still (32 years in the Navy and still going)
That's awesome! I know Teddy very well...still keep in touch with the guys I know who were members from both Depts back then.

Reaction Score
That would be the top of this picture, right? That seems like it should be far enough away, given that people are on scene but what do you think?
yeah..there isn't a issue to me..plus the Dairy Bar building has sprinklers in it...too valuable to not have it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This thread title needs to be changed, otherwise The Boneyard will be on fire by tomorrow morning.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Plan.

We build a football stadium in place of the old landscaping barn.

However, we call it The Replacement Landscaping Barn to sneak it past the locals.

I am a genius.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I still think this fire was arson, involving subversive elements from some other jealous ice cream producing ag school, because we have the best ice cream in the world and they don't. They just stupidly targeted the wrong barn, thinking our cows were in there because it's next door to the Dairy Bar.

Reaction Score
Whew, I thought our stellar recruiting was going to take a hit.

Reaction Score
I joined in 1982 after passing the EMT course and was with Eagleville till Dec 1985 when I left to join the Navy. Ted Morrisette and Chuck Larson were my high school classmates. Eagleville used to have a rule that you stayed a member as long as you are on active duty. So, if Eagleville FD was still around I could have been on their books still (32 years in the Navy and still going)
I used to fight fires on the campus when I was an undergraduate and volunteer for Eagleville FD (now absorbed into Mansfield FD). Also worked for a year at the Dairy Bar...glad it is safe!
I used to work at the DB too. I dressed the hydrant that fed E222.

pj

Reaction Score
So just to confirm, we didn't lose any basketball players or recruits to the fire?

Reaction Score
So just to confirm, we didn't lose any basketball players or recruits to the fire?

No but we won't have to wait too long for the NCAA sanctions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh look, the Boneyard panics for no reason! Never seen that before.
Oh there was a reason. It just was reactionary and before the facts we actually known.

Again, not a shocker.

Reaction Score
Serious Question about UConn DB ice cream: I know Penn St also has very good ice cream, but is there any other real competition?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Serious Question about UConn DB ice cream: I know Penn St also has very good ice cream, but is there any other real competition?
Delaware is very good as well. I'd rank them Dairy Bar, UDel, PSU, but they all are worth stopping by when on campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom