The Curse of Geno's stubble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Curse of Geno's stubble

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, I would like note that Geno was clean shaven last night, the team went off on a scoring spree, and the bench looked as good as it has all season. Still doubting the Curse Of Geno's Stubble?

#COGS

coincidence-think-not-memegenerator-net-18585895.png

Reaction Score
What's with the semi-beard Geno has about once a month. Never been a big fan of in between facial hair-go for it or shave!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I would bet that Mrs. Geno does not like this. Because after a road game, and they are playing at home, he is groomed to perfection again.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What's with the semi-beard Geno has about once a month. Never been a big fan of in between facial hair-go for it or shave!:rolleyes:

Well he had it (on a smaller scale) for UCF and at least we broke the curse. :rolleyes:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Maybe he's looking for endorsement $$$ from a razor company, like "Broadway" Joe Namath scored long ago by shaving off his moustache and beard in a TV commercial. So far, Geno must have no takers, hence his reluctance to go all in on the full beard, or even the moustache at least.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe he's looking for endorsement $$$ from a razor company, like "Broadway" Joe Namath scored long ago by shaving off his moustache and beard in a TV commercial. So far, Geno must have no takers, hence his reluctance to go all in on the full beard, or even the moustache at least.

If he goes for a mustache, I will find another team to route for. ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think the scruff look (or the attempt at such look) is part of Geno's noticeable trend toward casual in the past year or two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he used to *always* wear a coat and tie to every game? And even when he'd ditch the coat during the game, he *always* kept the tie on? When was the last time he wore a tie? And didn't he wear a sweater to the Oklahoma game? And what about those shoes?

I'm not complaining. Everyone has their own style and that can change over time or with age. He's earned it.

Reaction Score
I sure hope he's growing something and didn't just forget or whatever. He looks like someone's drunk uncle.

VAN: my take EXACTLY, starting from "He." Therefore, you must be one very keen sonufagun.

Reaction Score
30 years ago he would be reprimanded for looking like that and any men's coach in my day would sit a player who appeared that way. They'd say they was putting the school's image at risk.

If Geno thinks that times have changed (and that appears to be the case) then maybe it's time for him to admit that skin art has become socially acceptable and get rid of that rule for players?

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Germs in men's beards.....many studies say "yes"

Reaction Score
30 years ago he would be reprimanded for looking like that and any men's coach in my day would sit a player who appeared that way. They'd say they was putting the school's image at risk.

If Geno thinks that times have changed (and that appears to be the case) then maybe it's time for him to admit that skin art has become socially acceptable and get rid of that rule for players?
I agree he should get rid of tattoo rule as well as the dumb no nail polish rule. He mentions very often how different the young players are & have changed. He needs to accept some changes & adjust.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last night Geno was clean shaven and the team goes off for 102 points and wins by 57.

Coincidence? Perhaps, but the evidence in favor of the Curse Of Geno's Stubble is mounting.

#COGS

Reaction Score
Last night Geno was clean shaven and the team goes off for 102 points and wins by 57.

Coincidence? Perhaps, but the evidence in favor of the Curse Of Geno's Stubble is mounting.

#COGS
AND Loooouuuuu had a great game from all over the court. Coincidence?? Maybe, but????? :p:D:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom